Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:13 PM

56 posts, read 115,103 times

Advertisements

Yes some say Cooley is a menace to Medical Marijuana, some say not. The AG of California is responsible for issuing the SB420 guidelines which define the rights of dispensaries, your right to possess concentrates, and more. He can simply refuse to issue it, or write one that is NOT favorable at all. I think that with 19 passing, your rights stripped by the AG will be given back by 19. 19 allows hashish, for example. So if you are a medical patient under 215, you are barred from hash, however 19 underneath 215 gives you rights to hash. It's an excellent failsafe and protective measure from our government interfering with our lives and freedoms.

Actually, apparently Kamala Harris is soft on medical marijuana and 'takes no opinion on proposition 19'. That's just according to what I read. She's definitely not as outspoken as an opponent to the rights of CA citizens to medicate as Cooley is. Cooley is a warrior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 02:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
Yes some say Cooley is a menace to Medical Marijuana, some say not. The AG of California is responsible for issuing the SB420 guidelines which define the rights of dispensaries, your right to possess concentrates, and more. He can simply refuse to issue it, or write one that is NOT favorable at all. I think that with 19 passing, your rights stripped by the AG will be given back by 19. 19 allows hashish, for example. So if you are a medical patient under 215, you are barred from hash, however 19 underneath 215 gives you rights to hash. It's an excellent failsafe and protective measure from our government interfering with our lives and freedoms.

Actually, apparently Kamala Harris is soft on medical marijuana and 'takes no opinion on proposition 19'. That's just according to what I read. She's definitely not as outspoken as an opponent to the rights of CA citizens to medicate as Cooley is. Cooley is a warrior.
Are you sure about Kamala Harris? I was surprised that she voiced opposition to Prop 19 when she was interviewed last summer; I figured a Democrat would be neutral. Maybe she has changed her mind. But Senator Feinstein has made it a cause to oppose it and Boxer, Brown and probably even Newsom are safely claiming to oppose legalization as well. What I was surprised to read was that the Republican running against Pelosi is in favor of Prop 19; that's interesting. I don't understand your comment about hashish. Two of my brothers have medical prescriptions and basically only purchase hash or editables.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:50 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
Also the problem is that Cooley currently runs the lead for California Attorney General. If Prop 19 doesn't pass - kiss your medical marijuana rights goodbye.
We are way too far down the road of acceptance of medical marijuana to roll it back now and make it illegal again. Remember, that's a proposition that legalized medical pot. The only way to reverse that is to have another election or for the proposition to be declared unconstitutional (a bit late for that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Cooley wouldn't shut down anything; he certainly has stopped the huge number of marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles. Hey, I support Prop 19 but even if the LA Times is fudging the numbers of those opposed to legalization if the voters think it is a lost cause many will not even bother to vote. Sad but true.
There were too many marijuana dispensaries. I started seeing them all over the place, some even a few hundred yards or couple blocks from others, way too many! They still have them although "patients" may have to drive farther. Perhaps Cooley reduced their numbers but he can't close them all down.

When you get right down to it, what is a good excuse for not voting? Laziness? A few years ago I got tired of going to the polling place so ever since then I just request an absentee ballot and vote by mail. In fact I've already voted, voted in favor of Prop 19, although I believe the LA Times poll and I expect the proposition will fail. And I expect to see it on the ballot again in 2012, 2014, etc.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:13 PM

56 posts, read 115,103 times
I like going to the polling place.. It's a good walk and exercise plus fun to sit on the computer and punch the buttons
Also I wouldn't trust the LA times, they did automated phone polling which people will lie and say they don't support it when they do (for fear of law enforcement, or social stigma). Plus a lot of young kids are voting for this. I know people who registered to vote JUST to vote yes on Prop 19. I don't believe that a highly funded and well backed campaign lost 10% support in just 10 days!

LA times is highly against Prop 19. They will attempt to sway voters opinions by putting low polls out there. LA times has shareholders with interest in the Hearst Corporation (same company that worked with DuPont and Harry J Anslinger in the 1930's to ban marijuana through fear mongering and propaganda)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California