Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: YES or NO on Prop 19??
YES 69 69.00%
NO 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
It's the smart part that keeps it out of your reach.

Tell you what, you tell me how you fascists crack jokes, and I'll write some material for your audience.

"Did you hear the one about the impoverished non-combatant Afghani family we took out with a Hellfire we wanted to try out?"

"We called it 'collateral damage.'"

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

That kills down at the O-club.
Folks, this is why pot is anything but harmless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 PM

583 posts, read 884,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
What's the update looking like on prop 19? For those not in california it's hard to follow this vote. I can't seem to find any media talking about this anywhere.
The polls just closed. Results will start trickling in.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
So far 56% no

Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
LA Times indicated that Prop 19 took a dive once the federal attorney general warned Californians to not legalize marijuana. That federal threat intimidated voters. Oh well.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM

583 posts, read 884,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
LA Times indicated that Prop 19 took a dive once the federal attorney general warned Californians to not legalize marijuana. That federal threat intimidated voters. Oh well.
Thanks, Obama. Not the hope or change we were looking for.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,474 times
You know, I'm starting to get the *real* impression that you guys down there are all for passing every initiative that comes before you that will cost money, but just love shooting down anything that will generate revenue.

I seriously wonder if this initiative would have passed if it wouldn't have given California the right to tax the weed. I'm not saying anything about any individual one of you as I know none of you, but it really seems like California only likes ballot measures that leave people with no idea how to pay for it.

This one was a slam dunk easy win for the state to help mitigate that massive spending deficit you run down there, and now it's gone.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Sad face. Cali is full of people who think that they are holier than thou. Perhaps they would feel more comfy living in Kansas or Texas where everyone walks around with a stick up their arse. People gonna smoke anyway. No matter what you all think.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
It will pass and people have bigger issues to worry about, such as their mortgage and jobs. I don't think many people with kids such as myself are focusing their time on how to keep their kids off pot. I'd be more concerned about my kid killing his liver and kidneys binging on alcohol. Its funny people pretend they are so concerned about the kids, yet kids, yes kids have been getting drunk and acting stupid on alcohol for years but there seems to be no big outcry unless it's DUI related. You wont find anybody high on weed puking, starting fights, getting raped and falling over in the streets due to over consumption.
Now I can say I told you so. It is decriminalized in CA, is that not fair middle ground between both sides of this issue?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Sad face. Cali is full of people who think that they are holier than thou. Perhaps they would feel more comfy living in Kansas or Texas where everyone walks around with a stick up their arse. People gonna smoke anyway. No matter what you all think.
What I don't understand is how this even effects those who want to smoke weed? All a person has to do is pay $40 to get a doctor's prescription and walk next door to buy as much marijuana as a person could want & the quality is extremely good.

Keep in mind that the very marijuana industry poured millions into defeating Prop 19 because the growers did want to lose revenue. Plus the California Alcoholic Beverage Association fought Prop 19 because they feared losing customers. Big money went into defeating legalization. But the initiative was flawed and allowed each county to implement legalization. Even the LA Times voiced support for legalizing cannabis but urged No on Prop 19 because the proposition was so poorly written and the feds would go to court to stop it anyway.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,474 times
Well, hey, at least you guys banned toys in Happy Meals. I mean, after all, that was obviously one of the REAL problems in California :P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California