Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
lol you and the rest of the texans are so bitter just because I think your state is a pos. Go back to your spank sock and chill.
Umm! Sweet Cakes, there's nothing clever or helpful about that. I'm a native Californian now living in the Ozarks who has lived in Texas along with a number of other states. They all have something to recommed them; even Texas.

Give it up, Girlie. I'm sure the "77" is neither your IQ nor your high school graduation year. If I'm correct, you're in your early 30s. You have a long way to go!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,705 times
Quote:
lol you and the rest of the texans are so bitter just because I think your state is a pos. Go back to your spank sock and chill.
"I am not, nor have I ever been a Texan", I am a Californian through and through, and relocating to TX for a better job and better living environment (taxes, rents, property prices, lighter traffic, food, etc...). And I also like what I see in Texas and of Texans in terms of social acceptance and environment. Of course, I also may note problems and objectionable things in the future, but that would be true for any state, including (trust me!) California.

But as a *California* resident, I also find you to be an obnoxious, stereotyping punk that has contributed nothing to this thread other than idiotic one liners and generalizations about a huge and interesting state of our country.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,136,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No one would bother you if you were not on the Texas forum posting negatives. I for one, think you need to forget this, get on with your life and post informative information, not just blasting threads, that really are your opinion but not fact, like Texas is stupid. You have yet to answer why you think they are stupid and give examples of why Ca is so much more intelligent. Certainly your sarcasm doesn't seem to indicate how much brighter people in Ca are than those in Texas.
Nita

I grew up in the central valley and have been in Texas for 12 years. Its much hotter here. Its a sustained heat that does not relent. In the central valley it may be 100 degrees for a week or even two, but then it'll be 85 for a week, with cool nights. The difference here is the combination of sustained heat & light humidity. You live in air conditioning for 4 months a year, where as Ive been in Sacramento during a home show in June where it was 92, and AC was not necessary, the houses were open and confortable. You cant do that here. Everytime I go back I compare heat.
I do generally like Texas though, but the states are totally different.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,019,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
"I am not, nor have I ever been a Texan", I am a Californian through and through, and relocating to TX for a better job and better living environment (taxes, rents, property prices, lighter traffic, food, etc...). And I also like what I see in Texas and of Texans in terms of social acceptance and environment. Of course, I also may note problems and objectionable things in the future, but that would be true for any state, including (trust me!) California.

But as a *California* resident, I also find you to be an obnoxious, stereotyping punk that has contributed nothing to this thread other than idiotic one liners and generalizations about a huge and interesting state of our country.
You'll see. Yes a lot of people move to texas for the very same reasons you will be. They do love the lower cost of living etc... but you haven't actually lived there yet!

I don't know what part you are moving to, but in the Dallas forum they don't like people from California. They will deny it and say well they don't like people from California who want to change things or complain because where they moved is not like California, for example.. it's too hot, there is no traders joes, in and outs. Then they turn around and say Frisco is a horrible place because the californians moved in there and made it their own mini california. They turn all snobby. I lived in trophy Club, they didn't like it there either for some reason.

If you are into the outdoors like many Californians, you will miss it. If it boils down to a job, a bigger home and survival then maybe you'll be content but probably not happy. Where I lived there are many Californians and they left before me, yes they were unhappy and most of the natives were rude to them because they were from California. I actually have a few friends in Dallas and they are coming to visit me this spring. they weren't even happy! Just seems CD has a big group from Texas that are real defensive over the state and no tolerance if people don't like Texas. Sorry but not everyone does like Texas, not everyone likes California either. That's just the way it is.

I'm just saying texas is a lot different than where you are moving from and the people aren't all warm and fuzzy like you think. Look at this forum for example. How many of them are there? You should go to their forum, it's all very one sided.

I think California is a great state, probably one of the best in the US and I don't even live there. I am aware of the problems there now but I know things will turn around and California can be what it once was again and I just can't see anyone choose Texas over the beauty and climate of California.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,721,236 times
Quote:
Great, another defensive, meaningless, and ultimatley useless one liner from the sidelines. And folks - it's true - CA is full of stuck up simpletons like this...
Pardon me, I thought you were able to read Location

Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,152,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Cupcake is enjoying all the attention even if everyone is making fun of her.
Quote:
This personal sub-topic is annoying.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:41 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
And the prior discussion of food, I honestly don't miss much of the "California cuisine" which for the regular Joe mostly consists of overpriced fast ethnic food (crappy Chinese buffets), bland generic eateries (like in and out or baja fresh), or some pretentious 'organic' crap. I've had a lot of success in Austin with finding great places with truly fresh and well prepared (and inexpensive) food. Also, due to the proximity of New Orleans I found a lot of GREAT Cajun places if you like seafood. For a carnivore like myself Tx is a paradise. With great free of charge (but I always tip a good musician) live music (jazz mostly, just the way I like it) to boot.
Chinese buffets and chain restaurants? THATS what you ate in CA? You poor thing, how limited of you. Even my underemployed kids eat out better than that. Obviously you either have a need to convince yourself TX is "better" by playing dumb. I don't know why but lot's of people who left CA for WHATEVER reasons feel the need to look back and bash what they no longer have access to. Weird.

And there is way more to food than meat, although there is plenty of good meat in CA too

Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,978,876 times
Texans can smell anti-Texas threads and posts like carrion birds can smell a bloated, dead body.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I grew up in the central valley and have been in Texas for 12 years. Its much hotter here. Its a sustained heat that does not relent. In the central valley it may be 100 degrees for a week or even two, but then it'll be 85 for a week, with cool nights. The difference here is the combination of sustained heat & light humidity. You live in air conditioning for 4 months a year, where as Ive been in Sacramento during a home show in June where it was 92, and AC was not necessary, the houses were open and confortable. You cant do that here. Everytime I go back I compare heat.
I do generally like Texas though, but the states are totally different.
I do agree the summers are much longer, I have lived in Sac and Dallas, but overall the central valley (I am thinking more along old 99) can be brutal in the summer. We loved the weather in Sac, hot during the day, but always cool at night. I can remember driving through places like Fresno when the kids were little and having it 90 degrees at 9pm. The thing missing, of coruse, is the high humdity.

If you read what else I have said, yes, I agree, the states are very different. I have lived all over Ca, from San Diego to Eureka and inland as far as east Sacramento (American River area). Both state have positives and negatives as do all parts of our country and the world.

Nita

Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:

How you like Texas, is up to you and your attitude. Anyone who thinks people in the Dallas area do not accept people from Ca are very narrow minded and have no clue how to get along in this world. I would say, 75% of the people we knew including our kids and thier friends, who live in the Dallas area are from CA. (that is those who were not raised in Ca) this is true if you are moving the Tarrent County, Denton county or Cullin County. As long as you do not spend your time telling your fellow workers and your neighbors how great Ca is you will be fine. Now, if you aren't a Cowboys fan, you might have to spend fall and winter Sundays by yourself.

We never felt like people didn't accept us. All three of our kids (all grown when we moved there) like Texas. Well one doesn't so she is living in Florida. Many of the people we knew worked for companies that had moved their headquarters to Texas. A few worked for GT$E), some for AA (my daughter and her friends)Penny's Inc, Hilton Reservations, etc.

Again, it is attitude cut and dry. Go with an open mind, do not try to compare and enjoy the differences.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California