Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:47 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
My views are moderate and have been expressed here in agreement with some of fiscal conservatives on this forum. I guess you weren't around when californio sur and the others likened the conservatives to redneck Bible thumpers.
Do you know how it feels to be labeled communists, sinners, evil, baby killers, nuts, fruits etc. Don't forget "California should just fall in the ocean" That is the kind of crap Californians have to put up with from the midwest and south states everyday. Don't act like your life is sooo hard. If you want to talk about being victims of the "liberal evil" then go to the Texas forum or Political forum for that propaganda crap.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:06 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
These are the 2 that I made which apparently offends you.

1. Its true, Rick Perry was fast and loose with the facts and the Austin Newspaper that I sourced for this thread spelled it all out.

2. Its true, people in the West are skinner, people in the South are fatter.

Furthermore, here are all of the threads Ive created in the last 5 pages of the CA Forum:

TX Gov. Caught Telling Half Truth Regarding CA to TX Business Relocations

Latino Kids now Majority in CA State Public Schools

Travel in the Golden State bouncing back

Mystery Missile Caught on Video Near LA

CA man tells TSA: Dont touch my junk!

China hijacking US Govt, Military & Corporate web traffic?

FBI pressuring Google and Facebook o allow 'back doors' for wiretapping

Orange Count Hits Pay Dirt with clean-tech industry

California Beats Ontario(Canada) in Bid to build Electic Toyota RAV4s

Wall Street Journal: Investors buy $4.5 Billion in CA Bonds in 1 Day

LA-based CODA Automotive makes Auto Show Debut

CA Lures UKs Top Stem Cell Scientist to UC San Diego

East Coast Tech Company set to build and hire in California

New Companies Clamor to be Twitter's neighbor

No L.A. voice in redistricting

Jerry Brown and the Flat Tax

Judges Deny 63% of Deportation Requests

Obama delivers $5.7 Billion deal; Good News for Boeing in SoCal

CA ranks 34th for Average SAT Scores, 2009

UC San Diego NanoEngineers Awarded Grant to Develop Tissue with Functional Blood Cells

10,000 Jellyfish wash up on CA Beach

Pfizer chooses UC San Francisco for its first ever Academic Research Partnership

Shark Populaton on the Rise in California

Largest Auto Dealerships in California, 2010

California Home to 84 of Forbes' 400 Richest Americans

Wall Street Journal: Europe Needs a California Dream

California and the West is the Skinniest, South is Fattest

California Leads the Nation in New Charter Schools

AP: 100,000 Hispanics Left Arizona After SB1070

Site Selection: California Ranks 20th for Business Climate

OC Register: California Bosses Poised to Begin Hiring

LATimes: Did the Tea Party Lose California too?

California Exports Grow to Near Pre-Recession Levels

In climate Politics, Texas Aims to be the Anti-California

Larest CA Employees Union OKs 5% Pay Cut

Jerry Brown wants to Ax Secratary of Education

California Condor Population Hits 100

The vast majority of my threads have nothing to do with other states.

I post things to show to my fellow Californians that all is not lost, we do not stand at the edge of some abyss and we are not going anywhere but up.

Our best days are ahead of us, our potential is limitless, our innovaton is unparalleled and our resilience and determination will see us through this economic downturn just like it has in the past.

And to be honest, I could care less what out-of-staters think, their offense is meaningless to me and my threads arent really about them at all.

Its all about California to me.

Fair enough. The majority of the threads you posted are mostly about California. And I'll admit cherry-picking some of the threads, but that doesn't change the fact that some of the threads you started elicited political controversy among forum posters.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Do you know how it feels to be labeled communists, sinners, evil, baby killers, nuts, fruits etc. Don't forget "California should just fall in the ocean" That is the kind of crap Californians have to put up with from the midwest and south states everyday. Don't act like your life is sooo hard. If you want to talk about being victims of the "liberal evil" then go to the Texas forum or Political forum for that propaganda crap.
well said

Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Since you have personally identified me as a trouble-maker for posting political threads I am surprised you overlooked other recent threads like:

"16 Reasons why California is the next Greece"

"Hey California You want your jobs back? Check with Texas-Here are the numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics"

"California gets BOOBY prize for business climate by 651 top CEO's in the U.S."

"OOPPS! California deficit now projected at 25 BILLION, bring on the taxes Moonbeam (2011, how much)"

"California's business tax climate ranked 2nd worst in the Nation for fiscal 2011 (Montclair: bankrupt, college)"

"Texas is the new California? (Columbia: 2010, houses, to buy)"

My guess is that these threads are more in line with your own thinking! Right?

Posters from out of state have commented on how political the California forum is. And that may be a result of California allowing it's citizens to be very involved in decision-making unlike the overwhelming number of other states.

But if all this somehow offends your sensibilities I suggest you put me on "ignore" so you don't have to be bothered with how other people think except your beloved Republicans.

More partisan remarks, as usual. You seem pretty trigger-happy with labeling others who don't identify with your liberal views as "Biblebelt redneck" conservative Republicans, right?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
OP, you should come to the San Francisco Forum specifically and read East Bay / Oakland threads for a few hours. If you think there's a problem in the California section (I don't agree with you, by the way) but the kind of trolling that Mr. Fantastic (yeah, I'm naming names) is famous for and doesn't get banned because of, will absolutely blow your mind. He's literally taken a sh*t on upwards of 500 threads with the same copy+paste button. I think that's a far bigger issue than what you're talking about.
I am not disregarding your points and your post, but I honestly don't frequent the San Francisco Forum category.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Oh, this forum must be so stressful for you, poor thing!
Yeah. I get so stressed that to relieve it, I post off-topic threads meant to denigrate the GOP and Biblethumping rednecks living in the midwest like Texas, right?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Yes I do. So, suck it up and take it like a man instead of shooting off immature posts in an open forum.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Quote:
Yeah. I get so stressed that to relieve it, I post off-topic threads meant to denigrate the GOP and Biblethumping rednecks living in the midwest like Texas, right?
Quote:
More partisan remarks, as usual. You seem pretty trigger-happy with labeling others who don't identify with your liberal views as "Biblebelt redneck" conservative Republicans, right?
Quote:
Yawn.

As usual, 18Montclair and californio sur participate in selective threads only to incite. californio sur, thumbs up for "La Raza"? Seriously? Maybe you should head on over to Mexico or Puerto Rico, since you seem to want huge sweeping changes in California to occur.
Quote:
Whatever.

Quote:
Yes I do. So, suck it up and take it like a man instead of shooting off immature posts in an open forum.
Pot...meet kettle

Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Practice what you preach!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:35 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Fair enough. The majority of the threads you posted are mostly about California. And I'll admit cherry-picking some of the threads, but that doesn't change the fact that some of the threads you started elicited political controversy among forum posters.
Perhaps, but there isnt anything wrong with that. People are entitled to their opinions and I don't mind hearing them, even i they differ from mine.

California is not sanitized and one-dimensional. Contrary to what outsiders might think, We are a loud, raucous bunch and we represent the extremes of the political spectrum and I think despite our differences, we have a lot to teach each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California