Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:49 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times

Advertisements

Depending on where you're talking about, they both may be so commonplace that they don't even get a second glance. I see R8's on a daily basis on I-280.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
I view R8s as a real car that you can actually drive on a daily basis. It's a beautiful high performance car. I think Ferraris, Lambos etc are trying to hard. Everyone knows they aren't practical for anything, but they sure look good.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 PM

312 posts, read 502,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
It would be a stretch to call folks like that women, they are more girls, I thinks. I sold a beat up 56 ford pickup to the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills a few years ago, he did not think a blingmobile was necessary, judging from his girlfriend.
Yeah I prefer to just call them what they are, garden tools. That was you that sold him that truck? lol you're talking about Trent Edwards right?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:21 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,152,719 times
Quote:
The nouveau riche need to drive fancy cars, it is a self esteem issue, old money doesn't care, old money knows who they are.
The nouveau riche need to eat fancy food, it is a self esteem issue, old money doesn't care, old money knows who they are; old money can survive just fine on rye bread and mac'n'cheese.

The nouveau riche need to have fancy furniture, it is a self esteem issue, old money doesn't care, old money knows who they are. The richest man I know, who is a multi multi millionaire, does not have a bed, it's too fancy for him. He sleeps on the floor and uses an old rag as a blanket. And when he wants to watch TV - no fancy plasmas or LCDs for him! - he just turns on his old black and white '56 Zenith.

Last edited by esmith143; 11-29-2010 at 05:52 PM..

Old 11-29-2010, 05:21 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
More recommendations!

First. You have to know how to dress:

before you get in your ride:

and take your findings back to your crib:

where you'll get 'em to relax in your nice, warm:

and slip a couple of these:

http://www.pharmaciesexpress.com/img/vicodin.jpg (broken link)

into their:

before they get anywhere near your little:

and even then, consider it a long shot.

Last edited by Snort; 11-29-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-29-2010, 05:36 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Ok peeps - time for good 'ol Twinkie Poo to hop in her Bentley and head for the hills!

(Say ... do you guys think this ol' cougar can score a couple of young, hot, Navy SEALS - with the car???)

Old 11-29-2010, 06:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,691 times
Alright, I am going to go with the Audi R8! Let the chicks rain!!!! Will update after my trip

Old 11-29-2010, 06:36 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
That was you that sold him that truck? lol you're talking about Trent Edwards right?
Shoot, I did not retain his name, Young guy, good looking, (I know very little about football teams and people) his girlfriend was an old friend of mine who doubled for the female lead in the film "Ski Patrol" liked the bright lights, left Truckee for the big time. But if you are thinking of the 56 long bed truck, that is it, that was my old firewood truck. Did he fix it up right?

Apparently ESmith isn't from old money.
Quote:
The nouveau riche need to eat fancy food, it is a self esteem issue, old money doesn't care, old money knows who they are; old money can survive just fine on rye bread and mac'n'cheese. etc. etc.
Number four in Wikihow, how to look old money:
Quote:
Act in a more patrician manner. Drive more slowly. Your car should be a basic model. That means no bumper stickers, no loud stereo and no 26" rims. Your car should look as though it is freshly detailed inside and out: cleaned and waxed, with shiny tires.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
So, been reading this thread for a couple days -- hoping for some validation of my manhood vis-a-vis my cruiser ... it seems no one drives '59 Ramblers anymore? Whoa! Feels like I just went swimming in a cold pond (has seats that fold back into a bed, too ... dang!)

Old 11-29-2010, 07:19 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
So, been reading this thread for a couple days -- hoping for some validation of my manhood vis-a-vis my cruiser ... it seems no one drives '59 Ramblers anymore? Whoa! Feels like I just went swimming in a cold pond (has seats that fold back into a bed, too ... dang!)
You need to be less subtle. Try driving one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jGbrrq3Tk0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California