Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I have a camera on my computer. Wanna see what I'm wearing now???????
You, my dear, are incorrigible.

I have a camera on mine too but trust me, you don't want to see what I'm wearing, or not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 07:43 PM

22 posts, read 36,962 times
Hey california sur, I bet you busted a nut when you saw your hero mayor el quapo standing next to Schwarzenidiot. I bet you were thinking, "Oh boy - I wonder what he's going to give me for free. Maybe a white guy's job."

Old 11-28-2010, 11:52 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You, my dear, are incorrigible.

I have a camera on mine too but trust me, you don't want to see what I'm wearing, or not!
Gotta love the Curm!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 AM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times
Quote:
First cameras in stores and on the streets. Then the green light to red light cameras. Finally cameras in police cars. Body scans in airports. Satellite surveillance. GPS tracking of cell phones. Now this!

Driver cams: Safety tool or the road to loss of privacy - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/28/3216068/driver-cams-safety-tool-or-the.html#mi_rss=State%20Politics - broken link)

Anyone wonder or worry about what's next? I think it's madness gone ballistic!
You don't even live here. Why are you freaking out?

Don't you have news in jesusland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I don't understand why we need a law to allow dash board cameras. Can't you just install one if you want to? ...
It's about dash cameras in company and fleet vehicles.

If there's no law permitting one, then when a unionized fleet driver is fired due to the surveillance evidence of his negligence on the job, his union will sue the employer regarding the illegality of their surveillance method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I think cameras are a good thing for all drivers of public transportation vehicles [including trains] since accidents have occurred when the operators are preoccupied with things like texting [anyone remember the train conductor whose distraction resulted in the death of 25 people?
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
"It seemed like a common-sense approach," Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher said of permitting but not requiring the use of video recorders."

For now. I don't trust that bunch of nanny goat Marxists in Sacto.
You still have the freedom to be paranoid and bigoted. God bless jesus for that.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
. God bless jesus for that.
Try again:

Religion/Worldview:
Scientific Atheist

Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
1) Not freaking out. Merely commenting.

2) We still have five children and six grandchildren living in California whom we're concerned about.

3) We're both California natives who spent the bulk of our lives in the state.

4) We both worked in politics and legislation for the state until retirement so we have a bit of a stake in it.

5) We care about what happens in and to our native state.

6) An just for you because you seem a rude and an angry little man, ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John
Wayne

Quote:
Don't you have news in jesusland?
1) Of course.

2) Nanny government is severely frowned on in these parts.

3) We, the people of this state believe in our own self-sufficiency and don't rely on government to do our thinking for us.

4) And you care why?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:21 AM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times
Quote:
1) Not freaking out. Merely commenting.

2) We still have five children and six grandchildren living in California whom we're concerned about.

3) We're both California natives who spent the bulk of our lives in the state.

4) We both worked in politics and legislation for the state until retirement so we have a bit of a stake in it.

5) We care about what happens in and to our native state.

6) An just for you because you seem a rude and an angry little man, ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John
Wayne
  1. There sure were a lot of exclamation marks for "merely commenting".
  2. I didn't need to know that.
  3. Which "entitles" you to...?
  4. You and the other state employees contributed to the insolvency of CA, esp if you retired with large pensions at 55yo. You can't expect me to respect that.
  5. So much so that you fled.
  6. Nice.

Quote:
1) Of course.

2) Nanny government is severely frowned on in these parts.

3) We, the people of this state believe in our own self-sufficiency and don't rely on government to do our thinking for us.

4) And you care why?
  1. Not national news, unless Timothy McVeigh blows something up or the xenophobes want to pass anti-Sharia laws, the latter being either a show of paranoia or just a political statement, which reminds me of something SF or Berkeley would do.
  2. Of course it is, when it is put in the pejorative, as are liberals, homosexuals, Muslims, foreigners... I find it ironic that you bash CA as a nanny government, though, given that you made a better living and retirement off of that very government than you would have from one of the red states. Read that sentence a few more times.
  3. It's a red state misconception that liberals need the government to think for them. I won't try to talk you out of believing that. As for self-sufficiency, you seem very proud about it but that's either a lifestyle choice- yes a lifestyle choice- or it's necessitated by poverty.
  4. No caring here.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
I am torn on this one given my investigations background identifying and arresting private sector employees for criminal activity. This is definitely a you can't put the genie back in the bottle issue once it is out. However, it still amazes me that employees used to break rules and commit crimes even when they knew they were being watched and their behavior recorded.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:07 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
There's nothing in CD's rules or TOS that says Curmudgeon cannot post in forums outside his geographic area. Frankly speaking, he makes some very good points and is also quite humorous at times. Rather than complaining about him you should try and emulate him.

Whether he's freaking out is a matter of opinion. My opinion is that he isn't. If you don't like his posts perhaps you should just quit reading them.

Quote:
''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
I love that quote!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I am torn on this one given my investigations background identifying and arresting private sector employees for criminal activity. This is definitely a you can't put the genie back in the bottle issue once it is out. However, it still amazes me that employees used to break rules and commit crimes even when they knew they were being watched and their behavior recorded.
In most of non-union industry it's pretty much assumed that you'll be under video surveillance when you're on the job (except in the restrooms). Now that I understand that the law is intended to force unionized workers to accept video monitoring I think it's a good idea.

By the way, did you notice that you're under video surveillance in virtually every commercial establishment you enter? Supermarkets, department stores, restaurants, video rental places, gasoline stations... everything. You're even on TV driving on the freeway or around town.

The only place you have any reasonable expectation of privacy is at home.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:02 PM

sjnative, to boil it all down simply, there's much you didn't/don't know and:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Hamlet, Scene V

We move to something, not away from something. If it makes you feel any better, I retired at 62 and my pension is not overly large by any means, nor is my wife's.

You'd do yourself a favor if you stopped being defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California