Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:20 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Fuel taxes pay less than 1/2 of the costs of freeways. Freeways are subsidized by the federal government.
California is a net Federal taxpayer. That means we pay more taxes than we receive funding from the Federal government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times

Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Kinda like that Desert Parks thread where you wanted to correct me on geography (always a big mistake) I have spent nearly 40 years exploring Death Valley and environs, there are few people that know the area better than I.
I tried to let that go but I'm sorry that I can't. Any winning you have is only in your own mind. You are focused on beating other people down, I am focused on helping people. Any idea that you somehow won over me was a result of your interpreting my kindness as some sort of concession.

I didn't correct you on geography and you didn't somehow beat me down for my being wrong. Anybody can read the topic but that's a different topic, by definition off topic for this topic. If you have any quarrel then you should air it in the other topic.

You post in topics and then receive replies and then somehow in your fantasy you believe that you have won some sort of argument. You have a misconception about forums. Forums are not about winning arguments. They are about sharing knowledge and helping people. If people thank you for helping them then you've won. If you beat them down by showing them they are wrong then you lost, although you may interpret that in some conceited way as some sort of warped way as winning.

Your bringing this up here in this topic is off topic at best (TOS violation) and is an ad hominem attack on me at worst (another TOS violation). But I'm not going to whine about it.

You should stick to the topic and stick to the subject, and you shouldn't delude yourself that you have somehow won something. You didn't win anything on an Internet forum unless you helped people.

I'm glad to have helped you on that.

Quote:
Primarily, and the reason you cannot get your mind around my facts, is that I read primary sources and analysis.
I'm glad you shared that with us. I'm happy to discover that what I refer to as opinion you refer to as facts.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Here is the problem, I find huge amounts of incorrect information, like you posted.

You will find, I don't correct accurate information, the sad part of that, is that so little comes from conservatives, there is a reason for that. They base their actions on beliefs, not facts. When your teacher corrected your mistakes on your school papers, did you see that as you losing and the teacher winning?

I just do my part to help conservatives get in touch with reality, they should thank me, they should send me money, but that might be too much to expect.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Here is the problem, I find huge amounts of incorrect information, like you posted.
I didn't post any information at all. The only thing I posted was opinion. See? You can't even tell the difference between information and opinion.

If we can't agree on the difference between opinion and information then the only value of this topic is entertainment, as I already said earlier.

I hope you'll be on the forum tomorrow, because I have another grueling 5 hour day of DIY (an hour working, an hour of urinating and moaning, a second hour of working, a second hour of urinating and moaning, a final hour of working, and then finally as much time as I like ... well, you know!)

Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLprXHbn19I

Old 12-17-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I see, opinions aren't information, mmm that may be the root of your difficulty.

Actually, you did post what you thought were facts, such as Saline Valley being in DVNP.
Again you're off topic, and you're stating that you won something in a topic where you were proved wrong. I'm not going to argue another topic in this topic. My comments in the other topic stand as truth. If you want to argue the truth then please argue it in the proper topic.

And no, your opinions are nothing more than opinions. People used to have opinions about how many angels could stand on the head of a pin. Is that opinion or is that information? Information about your opinion is nothing more than your opinion about your opinion.

At least I can admit when I'm stating my opinion and I won't argue that my opinion is the truth or argue that my opinion is "information." My opinion is nothing more than my opinion.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:18 PM

I see, my opinions are just opinion, but your opinions are information? Did you go to Pepperdine?
off topic and on topic and wrong topic are things that are important to Conservatives, did you know that? it is because of their hierarchical world view. They like rankings and leaders and followers.

Now, contrary to your expressed opinion, some opinions hold information, some, not so much, I give information, you see it as opinion, but that is because our educational levels are so different, probably.

Liberals, are global thinkers, no, that has nothing to do with trade, free or otherwise, but it does provide the root for Will Rogers statement, "I am not a member of any organized party, I am a Democrat".

Old 12-17-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
At least I can admit when I'm stating my opinion and I won't argue that my opinion is the truth or argue that my opinion is "information." My opinion is nothing more than my opinion.
Quote:
I see, my opinions are just opinion, but your opinions are information?
I'm just quoting the previous posts in this topic so that you and everybody else can see your illogic. Read, then weep.

Jeez, this is classic.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 PM

Pull up a chair grasshopper, remove your ego, ask a question, learn. Go ahead, it won't hurt, and it will help you.
Or, continue unlearned, which would be a tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California