Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 PM

963 posts, read 3,034,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is why I am usually well armed in the back country. You never know when you will run into a growing op. Funny how they seem to avoid rifle season. I guess they don't like the idea of someone shooting back.
The dead and the critically wounded don't shoot back. If we learned nothing else from Tucson, we should have learned that. The first aggressor holds all the chips in the gunfight game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,903,890 times
Sorry, but y'all are kinda crackin' me up ...
how many of you ever been in a gunfight?

Lemme know how you feel when it happens to you ...
(if you can still write)

Sure are a bunch of tough-guys!
BTDT ...
If I never hear anything louder than a hammer hitting a nail again I'll be the happier for it.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Sorry, but y'all are kinda crackin' me up ...
how many of you ever been in a gunfight?

Lemme know how you feel when it happens to you ...
(if you can still write)

Sure are a bunch of tough-guys!
BTDT ...
If I never hear anything louder than a hammer hitting a nail again I'll be the happier for it.
Funny, I was just going to post Ca is none of my bee's wax, but that if this is that bad a problem and I read every page, which highlite and Brenda-by-the-sea, most informitive.

Then you pop this question Me i was in a gun fight and have been shot at a few other times. I think I like you.

NH has this problem but it's boobie traps mostly.

My point is 'IF' nothing can be done for this problem, I wonder why the liberals think anything can be done on the gun controll problem, which as I see things is simply hitting the target.

I was in Ca 18 or so days depending on how you look at things armed, and no one bothered me and I bothered no one except the Kawii Mc dealer in Clovis.

highlite that was awesum.Brenda-by-the-sea you too. I can see now that if I hunt Ca and I see a little guy with all sorts of growers stuff and the trash that goes with that I need to pull the trigger on him too.

That would feel strange unless """""" how many of you ever been in a gunfight?"""""""

Old 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
This is why I am usually well armed in the back country. You never know when you will run into a growing op. Funny how they seem to avoid rifle season. I guess they don't like the idea of someone shooting back.
Another hairy chested chest beater. I wonder if I can communicate this to you. They know you are there before you know they are there.

Which is why when the sheriff shows up, no one is there. These guys are not big city cholos stuck in the woods for the summer. These guys are semi primitivo indios from deep rural Mexico, Chiapas for example. By the time they could count the toes on their feet their woodsmanship was better than the beer, gasoline, gun Mark I American chest beater.

And remember, no harvest, no family to return to, they are a bit more motivated than the Norte Americano Yahoo.

Funny nobody asked me what primitive technology they use to defeat aerial surveillance.

Curmie's silly idea of using the Guard, Ok Curmie who is going to pay for that effort? And the National Guard? The Guard? Really? Stumbling around in the woods like those poor sods looking for Rambo.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Another hairy chested chest beater. I wonder if I can communicate this to you. They know you are there before you know they are there.

Which is why when the sheriff shows up, no one is there. These guys are not big city cholos stuck in the woods for the summer. These guys are semi primitivo indios from deep rural Mexico, Chiapas for example. By the time they could count the toes on their feet their woodsmanship was better than the beer, gasoline, gun Mark I American chest beater.

And remember, no harvest, no family to return to, they are a bit more motivated than the Norte Americano Yahoo.

Funny nobody asked me what primitive technology they use to defeat aerial surveillance.

Curmie's silly idea of using the Guard, Ok Curmie who is going to pay for that effort? And the National Guard? The Guard? Really? Stumbling around in the woods like those poor sods looking for Rambo.
I would ask, You understanding is impressive. I made a typo in you user name for which i appolgize. it was a honest error.

So how do these natives counter fly by tech?

I am into old and primitive ways, maybe not there, and maybe not as good as these guys are, but I have only had 30 years of 59 to practice so far.

I tend to know if any modern hunters are with in a mile and 1/2 of me, which matters, since i look and move like a white tail deer hunting.

I am impressed like I said.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Ah, yes. More insults. You're obviously incapable of anything better. Now you're diminishing tens of thousands of soldiers.

Boots on the ground in the National Guard are not attached to a bunch of clods. Many, if not most in the combat arms (do ya even know what those are?) have done one or more tours in the middle east by now.

How about the feds pay for the effort like they've been doing on their impotent border operations?

The only one who's silly is you, Oh Exalted One. As usual, you don't have a clue. Try something new. Ask a real soldier; a current one! My war's long over but my oldest son's, not so much.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Cur, I don't know what I got mixed up in, but he has a point. Native people are funny about knowing some things, and can mock out most any Military for awhile. Look at Custer! Most so called American Battles were called Battles because the Americans won the fight, and most of them were not much of a fight.

I can side with you too, since my son is on that sand this instant. My son is well trained, but I have better skills yet and could shake him and his whole squad in my mountains any day of the year, but I would prefer now in the deep snow and harsh cold.

The 101st trains around here and I have by chance assisted one or another team that was being hunted by air. Which is why I am curious to know what highnlite has to say. NH isn't a bit like southern Cal.

I don't want pot legalized and i don't want it grown in the national forest either. That forest doesn't belong to any one in Cal any more than my forest here does. It belongs to all Americans, in theory. Most certainly not a few illegal pot growers.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
would ask, You understanding is impressive. I made a typo in you user name for which i appolgize. it was a honest error.

So how do these natives counter fly by tech?

I am into old and primitive ways, maybe not there, and maybe not as good as these guys are, but I have only had 30 years of 59 to practice so far.

I tend to know if any modern hunters are with in a mile and 1/2 of me, which matters, since i look and move like a white tail deer hunting.

I am impressed like I said.
Mac, I am in the National Forest weekly, and on private ranches also, I have run into these guys, and have found their gear and their grows, I also keep up to date on what law enforcement is up to regarding the grows.

MOD CUT

How the growers do it is pretty simple, they put their plants under our great California oaks and or, the dense tall brush we call chapparal. The taller vegetation not only masks the view, but replaces the marijuana heat signature with its own. So sensors won't pick up the plants either. They run plastic pipe, sometimes for a mile or two from the spring so the plants are nowhere near the spring.

A recent bust was typical, there were around thirty thousand plants, the pipes came so far down hill the growers had enough pressure to run rainbirds.

I have come across the guard a few times in the hills, both airborne and ground forces. They stick out like a cowboy in Manhattan.

Here is what I think about legalization, I think it is fairly dumb to outlaw it while alcohol and tobacco are legal, but beyond that, legalizing it would drop the bottom out of the market, as the American Growers in north California have stated, they don't want it legal either.

But, we drop the bottom out of the market and the cartel growers leave.

Back to the pipe, not only pipe, but herbicide, pesticide trash, garbage, feces are left by the ton in our public lands and private ranches.

There are areas in Sequoia National Park where rangers don't go.

The Brea fire which burned 80,000 acres nearby was started by a grower cooking fire. Interesting that the smoke was seen, crews were dispatched helicopters and air tankers came in, the roads were full of Forest Service Trucks and crews, yet, none of the growers were ever seen.

Last edited by NewToCA; 01-25-2011 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,903,890 times
Strange week on the Forum ... Curmudgeon and I have actually agreed about several things and not a cross word written in days (!?) ... and in this case, I actually do agree with Curmudgeon again on one point: today's Guard ain't yesterday's Guard ... plenty of jokes about the "weekend warriors" are now out of date. Ah, but before you get thinking too rosey: -- with regard to .highnlite's observations about the nature of the grow operations, and the capabilities of each level -- uh, yep, gotta concur ... and, as Mac_Muz points out also, a whole lotta little native guys in many "wars" made fools out of the properly disciplined and "trained" professional troops ... Vietnam, too (how many of those "bridges" and "fuel parks" and "truck convoys" that my squadron is credited with "wiping out" were even real? ... not so many as the statistics show, I know for a fact ... fakes ... stage props).

These guys we're dealing with are the same guys that build their own submarines in the jungle to ship cocaine ... they are billionaires to rival Gates and Buffet ... they didn't get that way by being just your average corner thugs ... and the natives they are using are just as sharp in their ways. Trampling through the state in armored personnel carriers and tanks to find these intensely concentrated little patches of modern "gold", created and managed by these hefe's and natives would be, in its own way, a version of Little Big Horn, I suspect.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM

When I was in Ca I was in Kings Canyon and the surrounding areas by road, but not long enough to get in the out back, and i had 3 broken ribs less than 4 weeks old. I went up the stairs on Moro Rk and saw another Moro Rk on the coast, not in the parks. In Kings there were signs warning about growers and or getting lost as the area is vast which no doubt you know. Near the Sequoia where a car can go under, i was lucky to see a brown bear feeding on a stump. Dang near hit 2 deer near there too.

Probably these growers go under ground when any one is looking. I might guess they cache foods and a place to law low where any other man could wak over and not know it.

A reason i don't want the wild woodland weed legal for smoking it, but otherwise would want it legal for oil, fuel and fabric, is because i think meth labs would just replace the weed.

I am older too 59, and not many times have my boots touch earth for a long time, but then I wear home made mocs. My boots are fitting for crampons and my mitts for a ice axe even at my age.

I know what you mean by "They stick out like a cowboy in Manhattan." I find modern hunters that way easy as well the 101st training. So far only the A-10 Warthog causes me heart failuers. SOB's get me all muddy after the fact too... I get to see 2 red glowing circles as they leave, and wonder just how dead i am.

Helping which ever ground team I happen on is a lot of fun. I take them places no heat seeking devices can possibly find them. A few times I went for supplies because i was having fun my way, and hiding a bunch of guy a little tippsy is just more fun. In the doing of that I had to hide my horse too, which says a few things. LOL

I appreciate the reply. I just have no bone to pic with Cur... NH isn't Ca, and being in Ca just once, I am left still trying to understand things about Ca. Another thing I can't get figured out is how anyone likes the damnned deserts. I know I am not cut out for any desert dwelling life for sartin. I know I rode my bike with my wife thru 7 out of 5, and have no wish to ride these other 2

Nice to look at, with a bike trailer full of water, but that was once and it was plenty. (the bike I have pulls a trailer)

Growers here grow far less and in buckets mostly. They leave a wicked mess too. They don't hang out, but boobie trap the places. These are clever and very nasty devices. I know whats ahead before i get there from the trails left not game trails.

Some growers raised a crop right next to the County Court House I loved that. Didn't like the pot being there but I loved where they did it. It was found right at harvest by a woman walking a dog, and right under the noses of the authorites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California