Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
May I write the script. I can see tens of thousands of hunters and other armed citizens taking back our forests and wild lands leaving behind a goodly supply of filled body bags as they exterminate the vermin once and for all.

Enough's enough! I consider it an invasion and find it offensive. Time for the citizens (dare I say, *militia*) to push back since the government won't.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
So the majority of Californians didn't want to legalize marijuana but are mad that drug dealers are illegally growing on public land. This could have all been solved. Good job voters.
Exactly! People think they can have their cake and eat it too. These illegal growers would see their market disappear from right under their feet had we legalized it.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 AM

277 posts, read 379,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Exactly! People think they can have their cake and eat it too. These illegal growers would see their market disappear from right under their feet had we legalized it.
People should have known something was wrong when they all came out strongly against legalizing it. Crying that they would have to find jobs outside of growing and would be put out of business. Boo hoo. The moralists sided with illegal drug dealers. LOL

Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
So the majority of Californians didn't want to legalize marijuana but are mad that drug dealers are illegally growing on public land.
No, the majority of marijuana do want to legalize marijuana, but too many of them were stoned on election day and couldn't find their polling places.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:53 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
No, the majority of marijuana do want to legalize marijuana, but too many of them were stoned on election day and couldn't find their polling places.
Or thought they left the house in plenty of time to vote but in reality, drove slowly, fed the munchies often, stopped to look at and laugh at nothing and arrived at the polls hours after they closed!

Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Their California market. To be truly effective, this must happen at the Federal level. But you gotta start somewhere.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
I think those looking at this subject from a Legalize/Dont legalize perspective are missing the point. California has soveriegn borders and they are being invaded by illegal aliens. It wouldnt matter if they were growng Ganja or selling Amway.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
I briefly considered mentioning that, but something tells me even a tightly controlled border wouldn't keep these types out, given the profits involved. And I'm one of those that wants the Berlin Wall relocated to our Southern border, complete with dead zones.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Their market would also disappear if people stopped smoking pot.

It amazes me that people will boycott a company for animal testing or enviromental reasons, but turn around buy drugs that fund mexican drug cartels that are killing tens of thousands of people a year.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Their California market. To be truly effective, this must happen at the Federal level. But you gotta start somewhere.
That's true. Do other states have as big of a problem with this as we do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California