Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:14 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireeskye View Post
I'm sorry but i just have to say .....
There are many, many people that live in the U.S. who are originally from a different county and English is not their first language.
Geesh.
Not only that but you're on the internet .... the World Wide Web ... remember?
The U.S.A. is not the center of the universe and city-data-forum is not here solely for U.S. residents.
And the English language is not the only language in existence.
It's no wonder that Americans have a reputation for being isolationists, self centered, brutish and rude!
Finally, the O.P. is young. Give him/her a break.
Be kind.
Hold your horses guy, this website is in Illinois which is located in the US. The website url is city-data.com. The website is not located in India or China which is why there is no .in or .cn.

I find it hilarious that you describe Americans as "being isolationists, self centered, brutish and rude!" It just shows that there are many foreigners who would rather live in a country that is full of isolationists, self centered, brutish and rude Americans then live in a country populated by their fellow countrymen. We are that great!

As for the op, in my opinion if he would have stated that English is his second language or he doesn't speak good English we wouldn't have jumped on him about his grammar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 PM

253 posts, read 349,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
How is California like?

Wow, and this one supposedly got through a Speech Pathology program?

...view the future of Medicine...

...view the future of Medicine in California...

Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM

130 posts, read 902,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Hold your horses guy, this website is in Illinois which is located in the US. The website url is city-data.com. The website is not located in India or China which is why there is no .in or .cn.

I find it hilarious that you describe Americans as "being isolationists, self centered, brutish and rude!" It just shows that there are many foreigners who would rather live in a country that is full of isolationists, self centered, brutish and rude Americans then live in a country populated by their fellow countrymen. We are that great!

As for the op, in my opinion if he would have stated that English is his second language or he doesn't speak good English we wouldn't have jumped on him about his grammar.
I'm a "girl".
And to say that a web-site is "in Illinois" (or is anywhere for that matter) is really funny.
Can't you grok that?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM

130 posts, read 902,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

OK! I'll try. Random response: Both of my parents were from Westchester County, NY and managed to assimilate in California relatively well. I, on the other hand, was born in CA and didn't manage to do so nearly as well which is why I'm no longer there.

Ya pays your money, ya takes your chances!

What the what?
That is definitely random.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE4EVER View Post
Random answers are accepted too
Quote:
Originally Posted by tireeskye View Post
What the what?
That is definitely random.
Ask, and ye shall receive!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM

8 posts, read 41,898 times
everyone needs to just shut up about the damn grammer and get over it! Ive never been to NY but i understand its about the same in terms of living. As far as jobs go you should probably start doing some job searching now and see whats available. You ask a very general question as far as what is california like. you should probably come visit and see for yourself, if you cant then try to do as much research online as you can, and dont go by what you see in the movies...or move out here and find out!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 AM

963 posts, read 3,033,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CClovespell View Post
everyone needs to just shut up about the damn grammer and get over it!
I agree. It's hard to convince people that you hold grammar in high regard if you can't even spell it!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!
I know it's a broad generalization but I would love to stay in some place in California in my near adult future.

When will that be?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:11 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Quote:
Hi everyone!
I know it's a broad generalization but I would love to stay in some place in California in my near adult future. How is it like? OOh how is Pasadena? Do they have speech pathology jobs?

Random answers are accepted too
I'm from NY btw

So anyways, despite the bad grammar, I'll try to answer your questions.

California is safe, unsafe, cold, hot, mild, foggy, sunny, flat, desert, lush, mountainous, urban, rural, crowded, smoggy, dirty, clean, conservative, liberal and moderate...seriously.

We really would need more specifics about what your looking for to answer your questions well. California is big enough to be its own country and it varies greatly from region to region.

Starting your thread with "I know it's a broad generalization" is an understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: