Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
My husband and I spent two years traveling the country and visited 38 of the states. We spent about a month of that time visiting various locations in Texas. I cannot see that either of the Bush's or Governor Perry has done much for the state, and hope none of them get a chance to even visit the Whitehouse again.
i don't think you have to worry too much about the Bush's. Last I heard they moved out close to 3 years ago. As for what you witnessed in Texas, how about sharing what you saw that makes you feel this way. You know many of the people in Texas would differ with you and they are the ones that live there.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If he doesn't support your beliefs you must be really to the left, Of course you have made that pretty clear a few times.
No, rather Obama doesn't support liberalism. He is, like most American politicians, a conservative.

The political spectrum in the US is very small, it basically goes from right-wing fascist to center-left and even the center left isn't that large. There are very few politicians that are "more left" than the center-left. Americans have no real notion of what "the left" is like...because it doesn't exist here.

This is not to mention that the average American has no idea what liberalism is all about. They associate it with hippies...

Anyhow, the political system in the US is broke and the US is turning into a feudal like system.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:33 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
No, rather Obama doesn't support liberalism. He is, like most American politicians, a conservative.
What is this.......I don't even.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i don't think you have to worry too much about the Bush's. Last I heard they moved out close to 3 years ago. As for what you witnessed in Texas, how about sharing what you saw that makes you feel this way. You know many of the people in Texas would differ with you and they are the ones that live there.

Nita
That point flies over people's heads. Most Texans love their state. I guess someone forgot to tell them they are being deprived of social services and aren't really doing well

As I've said many times before, I'll take CA any day over TX. BUT, I did enjoy my time in TX. More importantly, the residents of TX like their state.

Now for the OP.... Somehow people mistakenly think that if a state votes red or blue it means 100% of the state is red or blue. There are millions of registered republicans in CA. Why would he not fundraise here? The amount of registered republican voters in CA easily outnumbers the entire population of Arkansas. Think about that for a moment.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:42 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:

The political spectrum in the US is very small, it basically goes from right-wing fascist to center-left and even the center left isn't that large. There are very few politicians that are "more left" than the center-left. Americans have no real notion of what "the left" is like...because it doesn't exist here.

This is not to mention that the average American has no idea what liberalism is all about. They associate it with hippies...

Anyhow, the political system in the US is broke and the US is turning into a feudal like system.

Well ... if Obama and Hillary is not liberal enough for you than I'm sure glad your definition is not in power.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:

Where's that ostrich, head-in-the-sand picture when you need it.

Laughable!

Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Where's that ostrich, head-in-the-sand picture when you need it.
It is well known that the political spectrum in the US is shifted to the right the fact that so many Americans don't realize that this is the case is precisely why it is the case.

Anyhow, no skin off my bones, I'll profit from the folly while you folks will become progressively poorer.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:35 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
It is well known that the political spectrum in the US is shifted to the right the fact that so many Americans don't realize that this is the case is precisely why it is the case.

Anyhow, no skin off my bones, I'll profit from the folly while you folks will become progressively poorer.
And there it is. All that matters. The almighty dollar. Pathetic!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:26 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And there it is. All that matters. The almighty dollar. Pathetic!
Ah. This judgement from the Great Judge of others himself ...

Far be it for me to defend user_id (-- Mr. Argument for argument's sake himself --) but he didn't say he was in favor of the electorate moving farther and farther to the right so he could make more money ... he simply said, being what it is, he'll profit.

Now then, my point is, oh Great One, sir: you ramble at length, repeatedly, about how you left California, a place you swear to love greatly, because you can live a more financially comfortable lifestyle in low-rent Missouri ... which, tacitly, is the same thing as making more money (by saving money) ... and so, once again we see the hypocrisy of your pontifications as you have also chosen your path in favor of the "Almighty Dollar".

Does your own judgmental conclusion: "pathetic" then also apply?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Now then, back to amusement with the actual thread subject ...
For all my mischievous troll-stirring, there are actual fun questions to ponder re: Rick Perry seeking cash from California for his Presidential campaign. The clown made quite a public display of enticing businesses and workers away from California to "build" Texas. So, what I am wondering about California Republicans donating to try and see him elected to the Presidency is:

California's Republican conservatives being the acknowledged defenders of business for profit, do they like having business wooed away by Mr. Boots and Hat? Or would they see him as destructive to their homeland?

Do California's Republicans think Rick Perry will entice/steal business from other states and direct them to California, as he claims to have done for Texas? You know, kind of a "thank you pardners!" gesture for donating?

Or do they perhaps think that Perry will entice [highly profitable] business and [highly paid] personnel from such international hotspots as -- oh say -- Mexico, India, China, Vietnam, Ecuador -- etc? to increase the population of California and raise its revenue thus providing for all the additional services required for all the new folks? Do they think all these new immigrant workers will raise the standard of living in California?

Certainly we all see that Perry's own state-building has resulted in increased standards of living and services in his home state. Can we look forward to the same for California?

Things that make one go: hmmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California