Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Purt'near every American aside from the Indians and the Africans came here because they were the oppressed bottom layer of what ever society they came from. Folks with nice German farms did not pick up and move here to start at the bottom. The history of every ethnic group or nationality (including, probably, yours) that has immigrated to this land is a history of prejudice and oppression. What goes on with the Mexicans is no different.

I only know two folks that I know for sure were illegal immigrants. One is the CEO of a company that employs 1200 people.

The other is a University Professor at one of California's finest private Universities.

It is good to see that there are those who feel we have so little to fear from the Chinese economy that we can afford to waste millions of brains.
Do you know the difference between legal and illegal immigration?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:53 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Actually it would not be hard. You start by issuing all US citizens a ID card that can't be duplicated. Then you cut-off all public assistance to people who are not legal citizens. Then you enforce the laws on the books to prevent illegal immigration including jail time to employers who employ people who do not possess the new ID card. After a period of time, the illegals will stop coming and the ones here will return home if they don't get a free ride.
I see your points especially about coming down harder on employers.

You do realize that there is no such thing as something that can't be duplicated and/or cracked right?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,840 times
For better or for worse, California voted for the politicians who said they would vote for the Dream Act on day 1. Brown made it no secret that he supported this during the campaign. The voters still voted him in anyways and he made good on his campaign promise. If you want to gripe about something, gripe about either the voters who voted Brown and the legislators in or gripe about the CA republicans who apparently can't find a decent conservative in the +39 million people to run against him.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Do you know the difference between legal and illegal immigration?
Why yes, an illegal immigrant is everyone who is not a Mexican Citizen who has entered California since 1846 and the illegal invasion and occupation of half of the United States of Mexico

I got to thinking, Homo Sapiens (no donnie that is not a naughty sort of man) has wandered around North America for 10-12,000 years or more.

Those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities, at all

California and the south west have been part of a Euro Centric political entity for about 400 years

for 240 of those years those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities at all.

There was a switch between Euro Centric political entities 165 years ago, and for most of the past 165 years those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities much.

Now all of a sudden those homo sapiens are bad people, very bad people. History finds it amusing.

Land belongs to those who hold it, it does look like the Americans are not doing any better at holding it than the Mexicans did 165 years ago.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I see your points especially about coming down harder on employers.

You do realize that there is no such thing as something that can't be duplicated and/or cracked right?
Do you do on-line banking or shopping? If so, then why do you do that if nothing can be sufficiently trusted?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Why yes, an illegal immigrant is everyone who is not a Mexican Citizen who has entered California since 1846 and the illegal invasion and occupation of half of the United States of Mexico

I got to thinking, Homo Sapiens (no donnie that is not a naughty sort of man) has wandered around North America for 10-12,000 years or more.

Those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities, at all

California and the south west have been part of a Euro Centric political entity for about 400 years

for 240 of those years those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities at all.

There was a switch between Euro Centric political entities 165 years ago, and for most of the past 165 years those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities much.

Now all of a sudden those homo sapiens are bad people, very bad people. History finds it amusing.

Land belongs to those who hold it, it does look like the Americans are not doing any better at holding it than the Mexicans did 165 years ago.
If you do not recognize any borders based on any historical precedent, then you will not have any problems at all when I build my house on your property for free, no? If you do, then what is the basis for your claim to that land, given what you've already said?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Do you do on-line banking or shopping? If so, then why do you do that if nothing can be sufficiently trusted?
I like how you asked me a question, then answered it, then asked why I do something that YOU answered for me

Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
If you do not recognize any borders based on any historical precedent, then you will not have any problems at all when I build my house on your property for free, no? If you do, then what is the basis for your claim to that land, given what you've already said?
Land belongs to those who hold it, it would have been helpful to read my last sentence.

So give it a shot, see if you can build a house on my land.

Besides, I do recognize borders based on historical precedent, which is why I said the US invasion and occupation of half of the United States of Mexico was illegal.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I like how you asked me a question, then answered it, then asked why I do something that YOU answered for me
Well, you didn't give your response, figures...

Old 09-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Well, you didn't give your response, figures...
Because your series of questions with answers already given was idiotic. You basically had a conversation with yourself then expected me to respond
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California