Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:52 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,766,672 times

Advertisements

So I am needing to look for a place to intern and work.

I was reading that in SLO County there is a position called Mental Health Therapist and I am guessing it is along the lines of a jail-unit counsellor and a mental health counsellor.

And my other thoughts was what I really wanted to do is become a drug and alcohol counsellor as Santa Maria has alot of places I can intern and also could intern for the county of SLO.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
Industrial and organizational psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Write to Macy's and ask if they'll be hiring anytime soon.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 AM

168 posts, read 554,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
So I am needing to look for a place to intern and work.

I was reading that in SLO County there is a position called Mental Health Therapist and I am guessing it is along the lines of a jail-unit counsellor and a mental health counsellor.

And my other thoughts was what I really wanted to do is become a drug and alcohol counsellor as Santa Maria has alot of places I can intern and also could intern for the county of SLO.

Any thoughts?
Do you need to get paid? If it's a non-profit/NGO/government, don't expect to get paid. They are now being touted as "volunteer internships". If there is a paid position advertised, than well, expect some super fierce competition. What is your knowledge in the subject matter? Does your resume/letter reflect?

Old 10-24-2011, 03:10 PM

It would be volunteer internship. And my resume reflects retail and a little bit of child development experience.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
It would be volunteer internship. And my resume reflects retail and a little bit of child development experience.
Well...have you thought about contacting the county. There is the new invention..it's called the phone. you pick up..dial..and inquire.

Come on dude... put some effort in this... the world doesn't provide you a handout unless you name starts with Bank...

Old 10-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
Well...have you thought about contacting the county. There is the new invention..it's called the phone. you pick up..dial..and inquire.

Come on dude... put some effort in this... the world doesn't provide you a handout unless you name starts with Bank...
Well, I was looking for other places to call besides The County of SLO and County of Santa Barbara.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,958,940 times
For a single guy who likes retail stores and malls, i would apply at "Forever 21" How can you go wrong?

Old 10-27-2011, 07:31 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Since when do retail stores hire interns? And you can't work as an intern in the field of mental health until you have a certain number of hours of psych classes and are taking a counseling course, at least in CA.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And you can't work as an intern in the field of mental health until you have a certain number of hours of psych classes and are taking a counseling course, at least in CA.
I hinted at this back in my post. I don't think he realizes this. From reading his previous posts, I think another major change is inevitable.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
I hinted at this back in my post. I don't think he realizes this. From reading his previous posts, I think another major change is inevitable.
I got accepted in my major of Sociology and I am well aware I have certain hours of classes and a class to be enrolled in.

And pretty sure I stated it in first OP.

But anyways this thread is going no where and can die now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California