Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times

Advertisements

California judges asked to say if they are gay - Washington Times

Bill calls for tracking gay, lesbian state contractors - Total Buzz - The Orange County Register : The Orange County Register

Hmm, maybe there is an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,050 times
Utterly beyond parody.

But don't you dare object. That would just prove you're "obsessed".

Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times

Shoooosh!!

Dont let on that we know.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Ya'll bring this to mind

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Glad you got that link in there .high ... This forum never ceases to amaze with so much discussion of "gay" one thing or another ... Most of it initiated by anti-gay sentiments ... Makes you wonder ... And also makes me wonder if there are any other state forums so obsessed. I haven't seen anything close to the half dozen I participate in or browse through.

The agenda is the same as has been historically for a number of minority issues: in America there are civil rights issues and laws of great importance, as they relate to the founding principals of the nation. Understanding how minorities are being treated is critical information. Tracking and surveys are critical to working with accurate data -- at least for those who demand to work from facts rather than beliefs.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Glad you got that link in there .high ... This forum never ceases to amaze with so much discussion of "gay" one thing or another ... Most of it initiated by anti-gay sentiments ... Makes you wonder ... And also makes me wonder if there are any other state forums so obsessed. I haven't seen anything close to the half dozen I participate in or browse through.

The agenda is the same as has been historically for a number of minority issues: in America there are civil rights issues and laws of great importance, as they relate to the founding principals of the nation. Understanding how minorities are being treated is critical information. Tracking and surveys are critical to working with accurate data -- at least for those who demand to work from facts rather than beliefs.
Probably see more discussions in California's forum because the state is the leading advocate of gay rights.

Speaking of gay obsession, as a long time mod I can assure you that cuts both ways.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Probably see more discussions in California's forum because the state is the leading advocate of gay rights.

Speaking of gay obsession, as a long time mod I can assure you that cuts both ways.
Yes, California is a leader in many progressive issues. Why this forum is so active -- and enormously more interesting than most other state forums.

As for "cuts both ways" -- as a long time moderator, would you say that the issues raised as anti-gay are initiated by pro-gay contributors as often (or anywhere near on parity) as they are by the opposition?

And would you say that pro-gay issues are raised very often at all -- or just occasionally?

Curious that California, as a leader in gay rights still does not have have legal gay marriage as do a number of other states.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Pro gay is often raised, especially during election cycles. We generally have about a 50/50 split on the gay issues.

Anti-gay to me, being an old guy, is different than how some of our posters discuss issues today. I clearly recall the questions about allowing gay teachers in public schools, and gay camp counselors. The discussion is far from those areas today.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
"Contractors wouldn’t be required to answer..."

Problem?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times
Nice to see Sacramento really has its finger on the pulse of the issues facing California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California