Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,609,612 times

Advertisements

In another assault on California's rural communities, the state Assembly has passed legislation that would ban open carry of unloaded rifles.

Amazing, this legislative focus on non-problems because they can't (or more accurately, they won't) address the real ones.

Public schools failing? Pass mandatory kindergarten!

Urban areas plagued with gun violence? Criminalize ranchers and hunters in Surprise Valley who carry unloaded rifles!

Families disintegrating? Etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
In another assault on California's rural communities, the state Assembly has passed legislation that would ban open carry of unloaded rifles.

Amazing, this legislative focus on non-problems because they can't (or more accurately, they won't) address the real ones.

Public schools failing? Pass mandatory kindergarten!

Urban areas plagued with gun violence? Criminalize ranchers and hunters in Surprise Valley who carry unloaded rifles!

Families disintegrating? Etc.
California DOES seem to pass some laws that seem rather silly for a broke state to pass. Someone has to get paid to enforce these silly laws! Like the dumb law they passed a few years back that if you raise chickens, you have to make sure they are "comfortable." Your schools are terrible. Businesses are leaving in droves. And youre worried about the chickens?PS------------Try telling someone here in west Tennessee that they cant carry a rifle or shotgun. Loaded or not! That s*it aint gonna happen!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Have you read the text of the bill and the list of exceptions?

AB 1527 Assembly Bill - AMENDED

Old 05-03-2012, 12:54 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Yes, and I don't see an exception for farmers or ranchers unless I missed it in that short piece of work.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:

If it looks like **** and smells like ****, must be ****.

Isn't it amazing all the laws passed by libies that seek to control the law abiding while doing nothing to curb crime and violence commited on the sheeple that they represent. I thought it was conservatives that were supposed to be the scared insecure types. Well actions speak louder than words and here we have another grand example of the the lunatic lefties Hoplophobia on display for the world.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 05-03-2012 at 01:25 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Looks like I'm gonna buy a bird dog.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Looks like I'm gonna buy a bird dog.
The state is getting ready to ban hunting dogs for bears and bobcats. Bird dogs may be next. Better hurry!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:59 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,463,512 times
The bill has been amended to ban pointing a finger at someone and saying "bang". Violators will be subject to a $1000 fine and jail not to exceed 1 year.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yes, and I don't see an exception for farmers or ranchers unless I missed it in that short piece of work.
I thought I saw it said "except on private property".

Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I thought I saw it said "except on private property".
First, what does it matter? An unloaded rifle isn't a threat to anybody. This is totally a non-problem.

Second, ranching communities (like all real communities) don't have a rigorous private property distinction when it comes to what amounts to public behavior. A small group of ranchers gathered around a pickup truck comparing firearms in front of the local feed store would be a criminal offense under this bill. As would merely walking from the post office to the feed store with your rifle to get in on the conversation. Or walking down a stretch of highway while deer hunting. Etc.

These little towns and hamlets have a rural culture. I remember last year walking into the local feedstore. The owner's son, about five or six years old I would guess, was running around the place having fun with an unloaded BB gun. (I suppose he should have been in kindergarten learning about Heather's two mommies.) I don't know if that was legal or not, but that's how it is around here. How about leaving these places alone?

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 05-03-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California