Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:45 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,507,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Doubtful. Even if the trends can't continue the legislature will pass laws to make sure they do anyway. Count on it.
Greece, Spain, and Italy probably thought the same thing and they practically were able to avoid the inevitable for maybe 3-4 years .. but, here we are. One thing I never doubt is reality .. Sure, you may avoid it for some time and then some time longer.. but, eventually, there you are staring it in the face. Was a big decision for me to make to leave but I feel in coming years, California will be staring an ugly reality in the face. All of the tricks will have been pulled.. the can kicking strength weakened and there it will be. I can say yay .. you can say nay .. the future will be what it will be irrespective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Because the classics are always relevent and timeless.

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ia-greece.html

Old 06-01-2012, 08:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Not to worry. Herbert Stein's Law will kick in at some point.
But then what?

The day the welfare check doesn't show up on time, it's not going to be peaceful. You've got a lot of people who aren't going to accept the loss of their free housing, free medical care, plenty of free food, free day care and everything else they're accustomed to, laying down.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But then what?

The day the welfare check doesn't show up on time, it's not going to be peaceful. You've got a lot of people who aren't going to accept the loss of their free housing, free medical care, plenty of free food, free day care and everything else they're accustomed to, laying down.
A free bullet or free condoms, that should be our new motto. 40% of new births are into families receiving food stamps... That is a demographic calamity in the making.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,674,237 times
Plenty of high paid people who don't pay for their own health care, hospital employees and government employees for example, should start paying instead of passing their costs on to an already heavily burdened population. All my life I paid for health care so why should they be allowed to drive up our costs and then claim seniors are the problem? Doesn't make any sense.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,466,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
A free bullet or free condoms, that should be our new motto. 40% of new births are into families receiving food stamps... That is a demographic calamity in the making.
And how many of those are born to parents that shouldn't even be here?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
It's truly amazing that so many people cannot see the problem with that fact. There is no way that is sustainable, yet the government continues to reward people who have babies they could never afford. And many fled their own countries to come here to have those food stamp babies because not only do they bring in all kinds of government handouts, they get the parents a pass around the immigration laws.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
And how many of those are born to parents that shouldn't even be here?
I've always thought that all benefits except education should NOT be provided to the american born children of illegals. Why don't they make it a law that only legal parents can apply for legal children? If they're not legal, they shouldn't have any business applying for those benefits.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:59 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,466,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I've always thought that all benefits except education should NOT be provided to the american born children of illegals. Why don't they make it a law that only legal parents can apply for legal children? If they're not legal, they shouldn't have any business applying for those benefits.
Unfortunately we'd need a Constitutional amendment to change that. Given the direction the demographics in this country are headed, I don't see it ever getting changed.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Plenty of high paid people who don't pay for their own health care, hospital employees and government employees for example...
And other than military on active duty utilizing military facilities, which government ermployees would those be? My wife and I were government employees. We always paid premiums, deductibles and copays and strange as it may seem, taxes at both the state and federal levels. There ain't no free lunch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: