Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsup View Post
Okay, it's a weird 3 way intersection, if you want to look it up on google maps, search for the Monterey post office (the infraction happened right before I drove past it) I was driving on Madison st and he was on calle principal. At that intersection he claimed I cut him off. And I understand that legally it is not applicable only to accidents, but since the specifics of 21802 say that the car must pass with reasonable safety, which of course I did because nobody was hurt, there was no accident, not even near an accident. Just an angry cop.
You still haven't given us a ton of info, but since I'm trying to help out (but this is the last time), it appears you were on Hartnell Street, at Polk, N/B. I'm only guessing because the post office is on Hartnell, and you would have had be going N/B to intersect Calle Principal.

What did you do after you "came to a complete stop"? Continued on Hartnell, past the Polk Y, and turned right or left on Calle Principal? (and cut the officer off in the process? Or made an immediate left from the stop sign at Hartnell/Polk and cut the officer off on Polk? You say you were driving on Madison, but i don't see a stop sign that would have allowed all this to happen.

Again... not enough info to help out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
So your thought is no harm no foul?

I was speeding but no one got hurt so I do not deserve a ticket??
The idea here is safety and he said you made a unsafe move. It does not mean there has to be blood shed.
Yeah, I'll also add, you're not going to find a loophole in the VC to get out of the citation, especially trying to redefine "reasonable safety". I would try to find a different angle.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Sounds like out of turn at the intersection. First there first out, if a tie it's right of way, if a tie and turning the turning car yields.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:20 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sounds like out of turn at the intersection. First there first out, if a tie it's right of way, if a tie and turning the turning car yields.
You forgot to list deference to Police Vehicles...

Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
You forgot to list deference to Police Vehicles...
Ya, that's #1 on the list.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:31 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Any time you get these kids out of the country the military bases are crap to drive near. These kids are used to using the left turn lane to pass cars. I have even seen these jarheads use the shoulder to pass on the freeways. I have no problem using them as cannon fodder.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Any time you get these kids out of the country the military bases are crap to drive near. These kids are used to using the left turn lane to pass cars. I have even seen these jarheads use the shoulder to pass on the freeways. I have no problem using them as cannon fodder.
Its hard to readjust to the real world after driving an Abrams tank.... where passing on the left or driving on the shoulder or heck anywhere you want.... when you can drive over anything you want.... :-)

I rarely.. very rarely ever cited active duty military...actually I dont think I ever did.... only if they were drunk AND stupid at the same time...

Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
I remember going to job interviews after my return from Vietnam as crew in a light attack / search and rescue air squadron ... in one I was asked if I thought I could handle driving a fork lift in their warehouse and yard ... I allowed it might be a stretch ... (and proceeded with my next 35 years as self-employed).

Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post

I almost was cited for passing a Highway Patrol that started weaving all over the freeway when I first got my license... I dove past him since he started right next to me... a few miles down the road I see him fast approaching and think someone is going to get a ticket and then he pulls me over and starts yelling... he asked if I knew why and I said no... he said I didn't yield to him... I told him the way he was driving I thought it best to steer clear before he caused and accident...

Cop weaving all over the road usually means he's trying to stop traffic or ensure that everyone stays behind him because there's something on the road ahead.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:55 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Isn't that what CHP call a "round robin?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: