Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,445,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
All my sisters little friends went totally valley girl. Like, gag me with a spoon!
OMG how did you survive it!

I totally forgot about "Bag Your Face" and "Grody to the Max"

Like gag me with a spoon already! Ewwwww

Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
LoL. I described what I saw when I looked out of a window flying over. I didn't stare out the window every second whilst flying over Texas.

And obviously you seem to not see the irrigated land from your viewpoint on the ground.

Google earth can help ya with that.

You actually responded to HighnLite though. Not me.

No it was you, I just went all the way back because your beating a dead horse about something you dont know.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,712,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
OMG how did you survive it!

I totally forgot about "Bag Your Face" and "Grody to the Max"

Like gag me with a spoon already! Ewwwww
Well I adapted and charged em gas money to drive em to McDonalds for lunch. Stuck one in the trunk, even. Turned a profit.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
It's sad to me that Earl Campbell is wheelchair bound. He was a ferocious running back.
Agree but I watched a documentary recently about him and he is truly a happy man.

I think he would have been healthier if he had kept himself slender. In the documentary he became addicted to pain pills. Then a very good surgeon got him off the pills and performed a modern day surgery and had him up and walking.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I haven't been into that long. My dad used to play semi pro and now he's a special teams coach.

Love it when I find common ground with people
Yes it is nice to find common ground with people

Does your dad coach a pro team?

Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Agree but I watched a documentary recently about him and he is truly a happy man.

I think he would have been healthier if he had kept himself slender. In the documentary he became addicted to pain pills. Then a very good surgeon got him off the pills and performed a modern day surgery and had him up and walking.
Yeah. He saw him recently getting off a bus in a wheelchair. He was kinda large, but you can get into a bit of a cycle with weight gain due to inactivity.

He was a different type of back than Tony Dorsett, man he ran hard. Kinda more like a younger Franco Harris. But Earl wore himself out running so hard.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:22 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Quote:
Yes it is nice to find common ground with people

Does your dad coach a pro team?
A semi pro team in San Diego

Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,759,968 times
Quote:
Texas Top 10 Cash Crops
#1 crop is cotton, which I never enjoyed eating ...
#2 is hay, which I also never cared for on my plate ...
#'s 3, 4, and 5 are all grain crops, which are the human dietary equivalent of G. W. Bush's "Axis of Evil"
#6 is marijuana ... which is edible, I am told, but more of an appetite stimulant -- which could I guess drive one to eat just about anything including crops #1-5 above
#7 is peanuts which is a legume lots of folks are allergic to and infamous for seriously dangerous molds -- almonds are the better choice by a long shot ...
#8 is rice ... Good stuff except for paleo-diet people, and Texas is a great producer ...
#9 is soybeans, which is a cousin to the dietary Axis of Evil, but does have some acceptable uses ...
#10 is pecans ... Now we're talkin' real food!
So, coupla worthy crops is it for eating' ...
California is really#1. In Texas you list Marijuana as #6 Cash Crop. California beats them as in California it is #1 Cash Crop for the state.
CNBC SAYS - MARIJUANA = LARGEST CASH CROP IN CA - YouTube

How about the fact, that dairy and cattle make up 20% of California agriculture, with Dairy #1 and Cattle #5 of all legal ag.

Then all the hay and grain they grow there to feed those animals. Then cotton is the #9 biggest crop in California.

California grows a wider variety of cash crops, but they also grow a lot of what you are running down about Texas, as well as Marijuana being their #1 Cash crop.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Did anyone make sense out of that?

Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
California is really#1. In Texas you list Marijuana as #6 Cash Crop. California beats them as in California it is #1 Cash Crop for the state.

How about the fact, that dairy and cattle make up 20% of California agriculture, with Dairy #1 and Cattle #5 of all legal ag.

Then all the hay and grain they grow there to feed those animals. Then cotton is the #9 biggest crop in California.

California grows a wider variety of cash crops, but they also grow a lot of what you are running down about Texas, as well as Marijuana being their #1 Cash crop.
There are a whole lot of dairies in Tulare County for sure.

Whose running down Texas anyway? I said they irrigate crops in Texas and someone said they don't, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Did anyone make sense out of that?
Yeah. The jist is both CA and Texas are huge in agriculture. /shrug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California