Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 02:14 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,716,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I am partial to Dr. Granberry. He comes from a lineage of Ortho Docs. It's in his blood
Dr. Jobe pioneered the Tommy John surgery amongst other accomplishments.

Frank W. Jobe, M.D.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Well, I thought you might read about Magnet standards and accreditation and decide it's super serious business or something. Then wonder why your nurses weren't so accredited.
Most nurses in the TMC are educated in one of the 6 nursing schools in the TMC. They also train in the TMC. There are top notch nurses there. But again I don't know anything about the nursing side of things when it comes to their licensing. I just know they have to have one in order to work as one. /shrug

Old 02-09-2013, 02:21 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Dr. Jobe pioneered the Tommy John surgery amongst other accomplishments.

Frank W. Jobe, M.D.
Cool stuff!

Old 02-09-2013, 02:23 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Somebody here would make a great Scientologist ... I'm not saying' who, but ...
Quote:
Whatever floats your boat However I thought you were already one

Don't forget to ask you doctor about the TMC!
Only person nuttier than a Scientologist is a graduate of TMC apparently ...
and still not one lick of data / proof for all that chanting ... Remarkable ...
That's a wrap for me ... Got a dentist appointment with my nonTMC dentist tmw ... I imagine I'll die as a consequence ... This may be my last post ... Bye all ... It's been swell ...

Old 02-09-2013, 02:24 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,716,541 times
Quote:
Most nurses in the TMC are educated in one of the 6 nursing schools in the TMC. They also train in the TMC. There are top notch nurses there. But again I don't know anything about the nursing side of things when it comes to their licensing. I just know they have to have one in order to work as one. /shrug
Oh.

So what's going on in the wide world of blood anyway? Figured out how to make sure there's no communicable diseases hiding in there with 100 percent efficiency yet?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Only person nuttier than a Scientologist is a graduate of TMC apparently ...
and still not one lick of data / proof for all that chanting ... Remarkable ...
That's a wrap for me ... Got a dentist appointment with my nonTMC dentist tmw ... I imagine I'll die as a consequence ... This may be my last post ... Bye all ... It's been swell ...
Sorry you just don't get it. Those who know about the TMC get. Those who don't never will.

I posted plenty... I don't have to prove that the TMC is world renouwned to you. You can either look it up yourself. Ask your doctor. Or just be ignorant about it. It makes no difference to me.

All you could post was News Rankings.

It would take a lot of effort to pick apart the TMC and post all its greatness. Anyone with half a brain can go and look it up for themselves. I posted all that you need in order to do this. There is a lot to the TMC. Not just hospital rankings. There is a lot more going on in the TMC than world renowned hospitals. Go check out the medical innovations that have been discovered there and that are in the works while you are at it.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Oh.

So what's going on in the wide world of blood anyway? Figured out how to make sure there's no communicable diseases hiding in there with 100 percent efficiency yet?
Not 100% due to the virus incubation period. NAT testing is very good but it can't detect anything during the window period...meaning before the body reacts to the virus and produces antibodies against it.

This is a good souce to learn about blood testing and donations. http://www.cdc.gov/bloodsafety/basics.html
Infectious Disease Tests

Although CMV is not a required test for Blood Centers to perform...they all perform it.

There is also a test that blood centers can opt for to test for Chagas disease. It can be aquired from a blood transfusion. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/chagas/.../detailed.html

Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center in Houston began opting to test for it back in 2006 when one of the first assays was invented. But it was not then and is not now a required test for Blood Centers to perform on Donor Blood.

FDA Approves Chagas Disease Screening Test for Blood, Tissue and Organ Donors

The world of blood transfusion is very very cool indeed!

Last edited by TVC15; 02-09-2013 at 03:12 AM..

Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Lol I feel sorry for anyone who bows at the feet of someone just because they had an education at TMC. I got into MIT, do you think I am going around flaunting it to people so that they would bow to me? The notion is absolutely ridiculous. TMC is great, but its a few hairs below Stanford and UCSF. Get over yourself.
Ahh I missed this one. No I don't ever tell anyone that I went to school in the TMC in order for them to bow at my feet...how ignorant of an assumption.

Flaunting it to get them to bow....wow I have heard it all on this thread!

Be thankful for the TMC for you or someone you know just might need their specialized help one day.

I will say it again. The TMC blows away any hospital system in CA by eons.

Come here and visit Stanford and UCSF. Then go and visit the TMC.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:25 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times
Interesting conversation... Having spent nearly 20 years on the leading edge of imaging/cancer detection. Working with just about every major and every minor hospital system in the USA.... I have a few opinions...

In broad sweeping generalities, I am of the opinion that systems east of the 100th meridian are better than those west... And yes Texas Medical Center... is a fine world class institution, and smooth running... If they have any flaw, it is that Texas big headed strut... When one has their head in the clouds it is hard to see what ones feet are doing..

When forming an opinion on the overall quality of a health care network, I do not just look at their list of accomplishments. Many poor facilities, may have a good department that churns out quality research... That does not mean I would want to be a patient at that system though!

What makes a good system, is complex, and has a lot to do with internal politics and moral. Unhappy people make mistakes and do not perform. Institutions that are not able to form quality, communicating, teams provide less quality care..

When it comes to gifted individuals/department, bigger is not always better.. It is more about how well an institution builds a supporting network around it...

All said in done, I share TVC's opinion to some degree.. California could use the help..

I am not saying every system back east is better than in the west....Nor saying TMC is best overall.... Just a general observation of the averages....

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
If Texas has to beg California businesses to relocate there, then there's probably something wrong with Texas that companies aren't already doing this on their own without the Governer's pleading.

It's kinda sad to see a state governer beg like this. I thought Texans were from the independence-minded Lone Star State. Don't you guys find this sort of grovelling embarrassing?
Interesting point well-taken!

Same thing goes for Nevada, begging-begging-begging for business relocations and Nevada is closer to CA and we beat out Texas for taxes!

But they ain't comin'! Not only aren't they coming from CA, but other high tax states as well!

And don't we all know the reasons why?

If the CEO's are happy where they're at, then stay they will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California