Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
This is so funny. Having worked at Sea World almost 20 years and talking to many many MANY tourists from all over the world, I would ask where in the country they're visiting. The list went something like this: New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, , San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle (yes Seattle is rather popular). Those are the main ones. Others include Chicago, New Orleans, Orlando...never heard much of any city in Texas. Most people who go to Texas go there for a specific reason.
True since TX chooses to base its economy off of many things other than tourism. Oddly though many people do visit TX to see its unique culture and history. Texas is just not known for its geographical beauty...sort of hard to become a tourist destination without that.

When the economy tanks guess which cities hurt the most...those that depend heavily on tourism.

There is nothing wrong with not being a tourist destination state. TX is certainly not unique in that sense.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Really how do the Houston Thugs look any different from the San Diego Thugs?

I see a lot more San Diego thugs when I have been in SD than I have ever seen in Houston on any one single day.

Lows standards? Have you taken a good look around SD? That place looks like a dump! Mush more run down than anything Houston has.

LOL Rice Village does not represent the best Houston has as far as streetscapes go And Washington Ave does not represent the entire nightlife for Houston. Give it a rest.

I think you had a bad tour guide showing you around Houston.
C'mon....You and know that Houston has one of the lowest edumacational attainments among all major cities. Trust me, we have thugs, but not in the sheer numbers they are in Houston. And SD is more run down than anything in H-Town? I'm not even going to address that one.

Refresh my memory, what area in Houston has the best walkable streets? Know that I drove thru every neighborhood in Houston, so don't try to lie. And going out in Houston means parking in a dark lot and walking towards a rundown strip mall to an establishment that looks like a former Arby's to go clubbing. Am I wrong?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
We only have the Battle for the Bone here in Fresno.

Battle for the Bone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
C'mon....You and know that Houston has one of the lowest edumacational attainments among all major cities. Trust me, we have thugs, but not in the sheer numbers they are in Houston. And SD is more run down than anything in H-Town? I'm not even going to address that one.

Refresh my memory, what area in Houston has the best walkable streets? Know that I drove thru every neighborhood in Houston, so don't try to lie. And going out in Houston means parking in a dark lot and walking towards a rundown strip mall to an establishment that looks like a former Arby's to go clubbing. Am I wrong?

No it does not. Please provid a link to support that. Here is a few for you! http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...BxSYtogwf6eyXQ

New Census tidbit: 27 percent have bachelor's degrees - Houston Chronicle

Also you can check stats right here on the main page of the forum. //www.city-data.com/

Use the drop down to compare the states.

Right you drove through every neighborhood in Houston! What a joke. That's a very big city...and that is a might big claim.

Yes you are wrong. Interesting that I went out in Houston the entire time I lived there and I never once parked in a dark lot walking through a rundown strip mall. I think your tour guides don't know Houston very well since they took you to the places that they thought were hip and cool. Sorry pal I never frequented the areas that you are describing. Sounds like you did not see much of Houston in your 3-4 days there. You can't size up the 4th largest city in the US with just a mere short visit and bad tour guides. You should have listened to my suggestions when I offered them.

Yes SD is a dump. The only thing that looks nice is the natural scenery. At least Houston keeps itself clean and modern vs dumpy and run down. Again use the Forum Drop Down to see which state has the most new house, apt or building construction. It's certainly not CA...but TX

That is the one thing that really stands out for me here...how run down everything looks.

Last edited by TVC15; 02-20-2013 at 07:47 PM..

Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM

444 posts, read 665,464 times
Wow if you think SD is a dump then I wonder what you really think about Houston. Lol! 75 pages of this crapper of a thread. Mods? This thing has gotten way off course. Maybe it's time to put this thing to rest?

So far I've learned the following from this thread:

TVC is a woman.

TVC is mad about something. Still haven't figured out what exactly.

SD is more ghetto than Houston.

Houston is the Paris of South Texas.

The Texas Medical Center is the ultimate source of pride for all Texans and the very bestest most awesomest thing in the history of mankind.

Governor Perry is an idiot. No he's not. Yes he is. NO HE ISN'T!?!?! AAAAAAARGHHH!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
Wow if you think SD is a dump then I wonder what you really think about Houston. Lol! 75 pages of this crapper of a thread. Mods? This thing has gotten way off course. Maybe it's time to put this thing to rest?

TVC is a woman.

The Texas Medical Center is the ultimate source of pride for all Texans and the very bestest most awesomest thing in the history of mankind.

Governor Perry is an idiot. No he's not. Yes he is. NO HE ISN'T!?!?! AAAAAAARGHHH!
Didn't you like learning about Leonards pipes? That was the high point of the thread.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post

TVC is a woman.

Talk about exaggerating the facts.

TVC is not mad but fed up with the BS generalizations and just flat out misinformation about TX. That's all.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Talk about exaggerating the facts.
Well, I was surprised you are a woman. Thought you were a dude. /shrug

Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Well, I was surprised you are a woman. Thought you were a dude. /shrug
That's OK

I am just not meek.

And growing up with only an older brother certainly teaches you to toughen up and stand your ground.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
That's OK

I am just not meek.
LoL. I still have your immodest pm, haha.

I may be responsible for making her mad (), I said she has a few years on me, and off we went...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California