Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 PM

152 posts, read 250,565 times

Advertisements

this thread should be stickied

all my favorite places have been mentioned, and it has just enough of a touch of the state of jefferson to satisfy me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
¿Just can't quite break those southern roots though, eh, ese?
Ah lookie you using the upside down question mark trying to be like a homie.

At 6'3" 250lbs I'm not called tha biggest damn pocho for no reason by the brown side of mi famila

Old 03-22-2013, 01:25 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ah lookie you using the upside down question mark trying to be like a homie.

At 6'3" 250lbs I'm not called tha biggest damn pocho for no reason by the brown side of mi famila
A buddy sent me a link about a month ago on how to do all the homie diacritical and special squgglies and other characters ... I'm slaying with them ... my German and French homies from the hoods are going wild, hopping up and down their streets in their Citroen and VW Beetle lowriders with the hydraulics. Even my weatherman is excited since I learned how to use the ° symbol instead of using an *.

¿So anyway, why would I leave you out of my new world now? Let me wish you: Is there a better path to friendship than opening one's heart and mind to the language of our distant homelands? Or, as you would say it (I think):
¿Querría bailar conmigo? Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas ¿Dónde está el baño?

Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,279 times
I can answer the last one.

El bano is to the northwest about an hour away. We keep it up there upwind like that cause we are smart here in the valley.

And the first one. I dance where I want to.

Can't quite figure the meaning of the middle question without google though.

At 6' and 180 I am the little Senno though.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
A buddy sent me a link about a month ago on how to do all the homie diacritical and special squgglies and other characters ... I'm slaying with them ... my German and French homies from the hoods are going wild, hopping up and down their streets in their Citroen and VW Beetle lowriders with the hydraulics. Even my weatherman is excited since I learned how to use the ° symbol instead of using an *.

¿So anyway, why would I leave you out of my new world now? Let me wish you: Is there a better path to friendship than opening one's heart and mind to the language of our distant homelands? Or, as you would say it (I think):
¿Querría bailar conmigo? Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas ¿Dónde está el baño?
That is about the whitest Spanish I have ever seen typed in my life.

Ok wiping the coffee I spit on my smart phone off while dancing around looking for a bathroom throwing eels off my hovercraft.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM

I find I am jealous that you have a hovercraft.

Fortunately I am still young and don't have to dance to the bathroom, during the day or night.

No eel infestation either.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Can you tell me what the middle question is?
My hovercraft is filled with eels.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Suddenly I am worried about Nullgeo. I though he was safe on his boat with his dogs. LoL.

Its pretty funny that aero destabilizer means hovercraft though.

That might be more aero of sliding though. The spelling is kinda close to destabilizer, so I went with it.

I know de is "of" though.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Suddenly I am worried about Nullgeo. I though he was safe on his boat with his dogs. LoL.

Its pretty funny that aero destabilizer means hovercraft though.

That might be more aero of sliding though. The spelling is kinda close to destabilizer, so I went with it.

I know de is "of" though.
If you want to get technical its "full of" not "filled with" However if you think in Spanish "filled with" makes more sense.

Sliding with air is the entomology of the word. However it really would be skipping with air if your thinking about the action not the word itself. However the word for skipping is saltador and if you combine that with aero it would mean air jumper or jumping out of an airplane depending on the context. SO that is why aerodeslizador works better, btw its more Portuguese than Spanish FYI.

Ok now I'll have to start charging you for the lesson.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If you want to get technical its "full of" not "filled with" However if you think in Spanish "filled with" makes more sense.

Sliding with air is the entomology of the word. However it really would be skipping with air if your thinking about the action not the word itself. However the word for skipping is saltador and if you combine that with aero it would mean air jumper or jumping out of an airplane depending on the context. SO that is why aerodeslizador works better, btw its more Portuguese than Spanish FYI.

Ok now I'll have to start charging you for the lesson.
You've gotta catch me to charge me.

Have a good day BDG.

What's the word for surfing BDG? Saltador kinda works for that also it seems to me.

Maybe our old salt Nullgeo is out surfing right now in Hawaii?

Last edited by Senno; 03-22-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California