Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:21 PM

19,220 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Pot is smoked in cigarette form (as well as pipes but we are not talking about pipes) so I am not just now including it, I figured I should mention it. See this is what I'm talking about. Gotta really break things down for the C-D crowd. Thanks for reminding me those were my words, I almost forgot there for a second.

I can see your point on the beach issue. However, if you've ever participated in a beach cleanup, you will very quickly understand such a ban on beaches.
Yes, I have participated in beach clean ups and have seen some really strange things.

Quote:
Now what other things directly effect people in the same way smoke does? (Yes now I'm saying smoke as whether cigarettes or pot, that's the part that's effecting people so we should be clear on that with the next response).
In the same way? Probably nothing but you didn't ask for things that affect people the same way. You just asked what substances affected other people. I know. You must think I'm nit picking again but I'm not. I answered the question as it was posed. As for what adversely affects other people without having to ingest them? Answer: alcohol. Alcohol will destroy, not only the person drinking it but it destroys relationships and has long-term effects on the family.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so cryptic in my comments but unless someone has experienced the effects of substance abuse inside a family, they have no idea what it's like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes. From Blackshoe, a link to a Mercatus Center "study" ... why am I not surprised?
Google Mercatus Center ... and read about it on sources other than itself or from other right-wing policy promoters.
The Mercatus Center is a Libertarian think tank, not a conservative one. This has been pointed out before. There are many issues on which conservatives and libertarians disagree, and many on which they concur. For example, conservatives are usually okay with smoking restrictions and laws against cell phone use and texting while driving, while many libertarians are not. Both do not like being told what kind of lightbulb they can use or what kind of bags they may place their groceries in at the store.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Both do not like being told what kind of lightbulb they can use or what kind of bags they may place their groceries in at the store.
Much like children, they seem to be.

Maybe they need a "time out".

Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 PM

211 posts, read 333,722 times
Libertarians are Conservatives who like drugs and prostitution.

Huh, the mandate of "Promote the General Welfare" includes benefits to society such as the FAA FCC DOD grocery bag types, and lightbulb types.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:23 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Much like children, they seem to be.
Former children now all grown up and being independant adults and thinking for themselves. Meanwhile, liberals remain childlike, safe and secure in the bosum of Big Brother, knowing that He will always take care of them.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
zdg zdg started this thread

845 posts, read 1,973,134 times
Quote:
Former children now all grown up and being independant adults and thinking for themselves. Meanwhile, liberals remain childlike, safe and secure in the bosum of Big Brother, knowing that He will always take care of them.
In all seriousness, how much or how little government do you believe there should be?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Former children now all grown up
Nope. Simply got older. Didn't grow up. Still tantruming as before.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
.......then there is:
"It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale."
(though I guess this is a positive for whale hunters who live along coastal highways)
The good thing about this one is that you don't even have to be hunting the whale, you can just do it for fun! But let me tell you, it's harder to hit those things from a moving pickup truck than you might think.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Easy. Shall issue CCW in ALL counties.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
The good thing about this one is that you don't even have to be hunting the whale, you can just do it for fun! But let me tell you, it's harder to hit those things from a moving pickup truck than you might think.
Not in Sea World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California