Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 07:16 PM

5 posts, read 15,474 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to move to CA by next September, because if I have to spend one more godforsaken winter in crapass MA I will go insane. I don't have a car and would prefer to use public transportation if at all possible. So, I'm trying to find out which places have subways/trolleys/buses/whatever they use in CA, and how much I can expect to pay for rent.

I've been thinking about moving to San Diego; is that realistic? My job pays crap, but I'll probably be able to telecommute, which would save me the trouble of finding a job once I move. And I have no problem with having to live with roommates or get another job--I'm not kidding about how much I hate winter. I was looking at the San Diego craigslist and there were rooms for rent that were going for $450/500-ish, which can't be true because there is no way you can even afford a room for $600 in a 4BR apt here and I'm pretty sure that San Diego has to be at least as expensive as Boston--if not much more.

So, San Diego: public transportation (if not there, what city does have good public transportation)? Rent prices (for a 1BR or a room in a 2 or 3 BR)? Thanks--I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,076,204 times
Exclamation Duplicate thread?

Is this a duplicate thread? //www.city-data.com/forum/calif...port-rent.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California