Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 04:04 AM

528 posts, read 869,005 times

Advertisements

Some people may have posted about this already, but I don't know that so I figure I would be one of the ones to bring the topic to the surface.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is the OFFICIAL Get out of California! support group thread.

I want each and every one of you to list your current CA location and where you plan to go if you can leave CA. No matter how long it can take you, when, where, how, and why?

I am currently residing in Gold Country North of Sacramento. Now is it my imagination or is this area not all its cracked up to be? I see it as White flight hell in its own right. A place that lacks in services and social skills, very pot friendly, pretty expensive overall. It has a "get away from it all" kind of feel but too many people got away from it all and literally turning Auburn into a traffic nightmare. If that other side of town builds up, it will be traffic hell on the level of San Francisco.. I bs you not!

So for the record, for those of you who are thinking to Re-locate to Auburn or the foothill areas, STAY HOME AND STAY PUT! You are not needed and your life will NOT improve any and you will be bitching about it. Take it from me I know. If this area gets ruined, the whole state will go bankrupt as this was the last hope left. That little area on the way to Reno.. RUINED.. didn't think it would happen did you? All you yuppies who had to come and escape the crime of the city instead of FIXING IT.

Now onto the real deal: I came to Sacramento CA from FL in 2011 because of a complicated new family situation. My mom re married her HS sweetheart and he happened to live in Oregon, she refused to live there and they compromised to move to Sacramento where it was close enough but good for her because she wouldn't live in depressing Oregon (Which I tried living in BTW) . So I saw East Sac for what it was.. a charming community, expensive though but the best it will get for the Sacramento area or a top 3 area anyhow. I biked around there for a little bit, drove around, ate out, met a few people here and there but aren't presently in my life and also have no friends in this area currently either. Job prospects are slim, I may get a call back on 1 or 2 but maybe not but anyways...

I spent 6 months in Carmichael after returning from a failed Portland move so I was on my 2nd California move by that time. Carmichael was suburban hell transforming into some more ghetto community and found very little redeeming about it except close proximity to Sacramento and thrift stores. It was a pitstop to move back to MA to be with my original family. I lived there for 10 months but then had too much conflict at home with my dad and then I had to well you guessed it, relocate to CA for the 3RD TIME. I believe in a 3 moves you're out policy. If you strike out 3 times, that's the end. I am on my 3rd now and could leave again! I struck out of my homestate.. I have had 2 exits in 7 yrs in FL and will explain that one in a bit but its certainly a better record than what I had out here and in the time frame too.. that's whats even more disgusting!

Moral of the story: I lived all my life back East whether it be MA or FL, I felt like each time I moved to the Sacramento area since 2011, I have felt like it has been a pitstop to go somewhere else and have taken many detours along the way. I never found too many redeeming qualities to want to invest in any of this area for the long haul and now I am looking to get out for good now that I figured my life situation out a lot more. And if any of you have stories or one just like mine for your respective location POST THEM.. I want to hear and see them!

I have one chance to leave CA for good. Maybe by 2015 not sure or maybe into 2015 a little bit. Just don't try to sell me your stories on how the Bay Area would be great to convince me to leave Sac.. No interest what so ever! I will just stay put UNTIL I can exit and return to FL to live with my stepdad once he gets a place on the beach in wonderful Sarasota .

Old 05-05-2014, 08:18 AM

21,771 posts, read 16,425,889 times
I applaud you for planning to live your philosophy. This place sucks for you. So you plan to get out A.S.A.P. I love it. Though it seems like pretty much everyplace is going to suck for you. Well just keep on movin then.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,072,780 times
Good luck, GoldCountry80. Do me a favor and please, please, PLEASE take my mom and my brother with you when you leave. They are always talking about "getting the hell outta California!" Just remember one thing ... wherever you go, you take yourself with you!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:12 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,772,620 times
Goodbye and good luck.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,335,696 times
Thank goodness it's OFFICIAL, I don't want any semi; quasi; or unofficial threads around here.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:54 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,294,450 times
I fully support all of you that want to get out. You've got my word! Now go on, GET OUT!

Old 05-05-2014, 03:02 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,771,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
its certainly a better record than what I had out here and in the time frame too.. that's whats even more disgusting!

Moral of the story: I lived all my life back East whether it be MA or FL
If you insist on using terms like "out here" and "back East" then don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:13 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,068,447 times
No job, no friends, dependent on living off mom or dad or stepdad, complaining and preaching and blaming geography for your personal life failures. Wow, you will be a loss to California.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,407,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
No job, no friends, dependent on living off mom or dad or stepdad, complaining and preaching and blaming geography for your personal life failures. Wow, you will be a loss to California.
And here I moved to California upon getting my second degree, securing a a decent job, and speaking fluent Spanish.

Wonder why I'm enjoying myself so much out here?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:27 PM

6,929 posts, read 8,320,369 times
Edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California