Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 AM

2 posts, read 6,839 times

Advertisements

[url=https://www.city-data.com/city/Chilcoot-Vinton-California.html]Chilcoot-Vinton, California (CA) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news[/url]

i was looking up the small towns of Cali and came across a problem..... two small towns were listed together! they are very close but still apart about 2 miles there are no houses in between. i came from that small town of Vinton and think it is wrong to put it in with Chilcoot. they have different zip codes and different post offices. when you come from a town small as vinton its kinda something to be proud of cause typically you cant find any one who has lived in a town smaller then yours. when i left vinton in 2003 it had a population of about 95 people. and its so small you drive though it and blink you missed it.

the town of vinton was established when the rail road came through. same as Chilcoot but chilcoot had some cool things happen to it. they filmed a small scene from kingpin (1996) when they go to the bar and leave and cross the street, and the movie diamonds(1999) when they leave the little store and they head to reno. sure they turn down this one road and if you take it you wont be going to reno. now chilcoot may have that but vinton is where the first Cowboy Poetry show started in California. it has been going for 22 years and its residence are very proud of it. so the towns are different and shouldn't be placed as Chilcoot-Vinton
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,495,648 times
I learn something new each day! Maybe you should start a new reality show.
"The Great California Feud. Chilcoot vs Vinton"
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California