Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,421 times

Advertisements

I have lived all over North America and I have never been so irritatingly disgusted with any other region but Southern California. I have lived all along the coast-Santa Barbara to San Diego. People in SoCal are emotionally vapid, judgemental drones. [mod] Inappropriate language [/mod] Trust fund babies make up the majority of the population, followed by career criminals and con men. EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE [mod] Inappropriate language [/mod] It's hot and crowded and messy and pretentious and just awful. I had literally never met a narcissist (and I work in mental health), until I moved here. They are everywhere. You cannot trust anybody! There are no jobs, no affordable places to live, no affordable places to shop, and no people that you can really connect with. Another thing that I have noticed, no one that lives in SoCal has either been to or lived in other areas of the country or the world. So, they're just accustomed to being obnoxious, self-serving brats.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-28-2015 at 05:55 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 12:41 AM

3,886 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leearly4 View Post
I have lived all over North America and I have never been so irritatingly disgusted with any other region but Southern California. I have lived all along the coast-Santa Barbara to San Diego. People in SoCal are emotionally vapid, judgemental drones. Moderator cut: Inappropriate language Trust fund babies make up the majority of the population, followed by career criminals and con men. EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE Moderator cut: Inappropriate language It's hot and crowded and messy and pretentious and just awful. I had literally never met a narcissist (and I work in mental health), until I moved here. They are everywhere. You cannot trust anybody! There are no jobs, no affordable places to live, no affordable places to shop, and no people that you can really connect with. Another thing that I have noticed, no one that lives in SoCal has either been to or lived in other areas of the country or the world. So, they're just accustomed to being obnoxious, self-serving brats.

Nope, this area isn't for everyone.
So...where are your favorite places you've lived in the U.S.?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-28-2015 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 07:03 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,649 times
Quote:
I have lived all over North America and I have never been so irritatingly disgusted with any other region but Southern California.
Quote:
no one that lives in SoCal has either been to or lived in other areas of the country or the world. So, they're just accustomed to being obnoxious, self-serving brats.
No one? But you just said you've lived all over North America. How'd they let you climb over the fence?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:08 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,545,925 times
The best part of being a "self-serving brat" is that we don't care what you think of us. And as for being judgmental? Well, you might want to read your post again, OP.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:57 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,635 times
Quote:
Another thing that I have noticed, no one that lives in SoCal has either been to or lived in other areas of the country or the world. So, they're just accustomed to being obnoxious, self-serving brats.
That's just silly. My dad, who lives in Los Angeles, has previously lived in Hungary, Germany, Austria, Canada, as well as Pennsylvania.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
I have lived all over North America and I have never been so irritatingly disgusted with any other region but Southern California. I have lived all along the coast-Santa Barbara to San Diego. People in SoCal are emotionally vapid, judgemental drones. Moderator cut: Inappropriate language Trust fund babies make up the majority of the population, followed by career criminals and con men. EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE Moderator cut: Inappropriate language It's hot and crowded and messy and pretentious and just awful. I had literally never met a narcissist (and I work in mental health), until I moved here. They are everywhere. You cannot trust anybody! There are no jobs, no affordable places to live, no affordable places to shop, and no people that you can really connect with. Another thing that I have noticed, no one that lives in SoCal has either been to or lived in other areas of the country or the world. So, they're just accustomed to being obnoxious, self-serving brats.
Translation: you couldn't afford to live there and failed in your attempt to do so.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-28-2015 at 05:59 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 10:35 PM

531 posts, read 758,114 times
I hate cold weather, but I don't go to Anartica and live there and keep complaining I hate cold weather.
I hate some people and I avoid them. I do not live with people I hate and keep telling them I hate you.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:35 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Things there are expensive for a very good reason....taxes. Cost lots to open a small business with the permitting process being insane, to the cost per square foot for that shed of a commercial space. Did you ever take economics? The self serving brats have been told by the school system and their rarely seen parents that they are special. They are not special, you know that, but they think they are the Paris Hiltons of Orange County pfttttt.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:21 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,435 times
Quote:
One of these things is not like the others...

I didn't realize that being judgmental was a prerequisite for being in the mental health profession....good luck with that.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:04 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Strange, it seems like OP failed to include any racist complaints like most other troll posts about SoCal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California