Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Please don't, JM. I don't want this to turn into a Texas vs CA thread. It'll just get nasty. It's a good state doing good things. CA is still a great state.
Alright alright,lol.

I agree that CA is a great state. I guess it's easy for people to educate themselves on other places if they want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 09:13 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
10 Reasons Texas Is America's Future | TIME.com

"Over the past 20 years, more than 4 million Californians have moved to Texas."
As I have said many times: this is good news - a good start - hope the trend continues - sayonara - can't happen fast enough.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:14 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
CA used to be a great state before the liberals destroyed it.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Well, that's a new and unique perspective Vega. Thanks for contributing such thought provoking observation!

Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
That's probably because you are thinking the entire state is like Sylmar, you really should get out more

Old 05-12-2016, 09:43 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
10 Reasons Texas Is America's Future | TIME.com

"Over the past 20 years, more than 4 million Californians have moved to Texas."

Interesting article from 2013, but still relevant today. Good to keep an open mind about other places to live,work, do business in.

"Texas was America's second fastest growing economy last year, according to the new data from the Commerce Department. The state grew by a stellar 5.2%, behind only North Dakota."
Is Texas America's best state economy? - Jun. 10, 2015
State-to-State Population Migration

Doesn't look like too big of a difference considering the population size difference and the faster growing economy of Texas.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:00 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

Doesn't look like too big of a difference considering the population size difference and the faster growing economy of Texas.
Looks like it goes up to 2011, it will be interesting to see what the trend is.
L.A is considerably more expensive now than in 2011.
Texas I know has gone up too, but still remains relatively affordable.
I know it's only like 5 years, but with current rents I see CA being less attractive to new comers unless they are have money or are moving for six figure plus jobs.
It does seem like the trend is for the poor and middle class to move and wealthier residents to replace them.

This is interesting too

"Millennials, who are supposedly returning to cities, are actually moving out from the most expensive rental markets faster than any other age group—nearly double the average rate. That’s also in line with other data suggesting the demographic is moving to suburbs over cities despite the popular perception"

"Millennial’s relatively low-incomes and job-hopping ways are likely driving this. While the pattern is most pronounced in expensive cities, tech-hubs such as San Jose and San Francisco, known for compensating 20-somethings well, seem to have held on to the demographic slightly better than those without a thriving tech sector."
The poor and middle class are fleeing America

Old 05-12-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

Well, now you've put a downer on MY day

Old 05-12-2016, 11:06 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
People go back and forth for various reasons. The two states are much more similar than different. Like I said earlier it's like comparing Italy and Spain, their GDP counterparts. When it comes to my tastes it's CA and Texas for the win among the states. Mostly because I like big cities with comparable big city amenities and surrounding towns. Other states don't have that. Texas gets people from CA looking for practical living, CA gets people from TX looking for higher QOL.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:01 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,705 times
Two guys that I road cycle with on occasion work together and will follow the company they work for to Texas. The company makes custom patio kitchens and they ship them all over the US. The whole operation employees about 50 people. The company will save a lot of money in TX. I guess relocating from CA isn't just limited to large businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California