Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
LOL Sorry Majin that isn't me, you are more than welcome to ask the Mods to check IP addresses to verify its not me.

I don't feel a need to waste time trolling. But interesting to see that someone else can get under your skin and make you react.

It is a puzzle why he spends so much time and energy bashing other cities to try to make Sacramento look better.

Sacramento has a lot of positives, although like any city there are also negatives. Sacramentans should have reached the point where they are confident/comfortable with what the city is and isn't without a need to spend so much time bashing other cities.

I think it's a conservative thing he has against... or maybe he is miserable himself so he has to bash others to make himself feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:36 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Majin, you sure didn't forget to log onto the troll account above.
LOL, no. Mods can IP check

Old 09-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
LOL, no. Mods can IP check
All in good fun, Majin. I really don't think FresnoFact and fresnofresno are the same. I don't think you were that new poster above either.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturepalaces View Post
Fresno is not interesting. It is a sadsack depressed dump. It's image hurts California rather than helps Cali because the only time Fresno makes "the news" is for some pathetic criminal reason or some sort of weird domestic dispute, or for when the Fresno State University embarrasses itself such as recently with all the sexual harassment lawsuits, brought on by former female coaches, that have come out against the university.

Fresno is a laughingstock kind of agricultural wasteland.

Bakersfield usually makes the press for wanting to "grow" but "not become Fresno" which is amusing. I can't say there is anything interesting in Bakersfield, because the view of Bakersfield from the 99 is not all that inspiring.
and they are also miserable cities.
The Most Miserable Cities In America

#9 Fresno
#4 Stockton
#3 Sacramento
#2 Riverside

Old 09-21-2011, 04:06 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,072,757 times
You left out the rest of California on that list which ranked the largest 100 metro areas in the US.

Los Angeles and San Francisco didn't do much better than the inland areas by also being in the top (bottom?) 20.

California dominated the list with 8 out of 20 areas, Florida was second with 7 metro areas out of the 20. And they didn't even consider smaller metro areas in this state like Yuba City or Merced.

Looks like nearly everyone in California is supposed to be miserable compared to the rest of the US.

Ranking out of 100 areas:
#2 Riverside
#3 Sacramento
#4 Stockton
#9 Fresno
#14 Bakersfield
#15 Modesto
#17 Los Angeles
#18 San Francisco

Old 09-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
You left out the rest of California on that list which ranked the largest 100 metro areas in the US.

Los Angeles and San Francisco didn't do much better than the inland areas by also being in the top (bottom?) 20.

California dominated the list with 8 out of 20 areas, Florida was second with 7 metro areas out of the 20. And they didn't even consider smaller metro areas in this state like Yuba City or Merced.

Looks like nearly everyone in California is supposed to be miserable compared to the rest of the US.

#2 Riverside
#3 Sacramento
#4 Stockton
#9 Fresno
#14 Bakersfield
#15 Modesto
#17 Los Angeles
#18 San Francisco

LOL Way to go, FresnoFacts. I can always rely on you to bring forth ALL the facts related to the topic of discussion.

Considering that Bakersfield is only 3 places ahead of Los Angeles in being the most miserable cities in California, I would say we aren't doing too bad after all.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:40 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,072,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
LOL Way to go, FresnoFacts. I can always rely on you to bring forth ALL the facts related to the topic of discussion.

Considering that Bakersfield is only 3 places ahead of Los Angeles in being the most miserable cities in California, I would say we aren't doing too bad after all.
Thanks. I think Bakersfield is being helped by the energy industry right now.

But I think we need to work together as Californians right now, which means facing up that the situation statewide isn't good. We can't pretend only some parts of the state are doing poorly.

Leaving some areas off that list in this thread hides the real condition the state is in.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Sacramento has always had a more dynamic economy than Fresno and Bakersfield. ROFL.

Even in the 50's and 60's. While it is true Sac did not have a large Finance or Corporate influence back then, the State Government filled a niche with tons of white collar jobs. From engineers to clerks. And people benefitted from the fact that the growth of government seems to be related to population growth and public sentiment, gov't workers do not have to worry about the pitfalls of the market like those in the private sector.

Sac also had a huge military influence back then. This brought a large middle class subsidized by the federal government. The air bases provided a perfect location during the areospace boom of the 1960's, which profoundly changed Sac and much of the state.

As for shopping, it's not even close. Sacto all the way. Arden Fair Mall is pretty decent. I was there a few nights back, I could barely find a parking space. Any place that has Nordstroms anchoring the place can't be bad. Nordstroms does not just set up shop in any mall, like Macy's. My wife likes the Armani Exchange they got there.

The Galleria and fountains of Roseville are better. South sac had a mall in Florin but it went down hill.
I really don't see the big deal about people driving all the way to Roseville. It's the best mall in the area.

When I lived in Chicagoland people would come from all over the metro just to shop at woodfield mall, because it was the second biggest mall in the country.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:

#2 Riverside
#3 Sacramento
#4 Stockton
#9 Fresno
#14 Bakersfield
#15 Modesto
#17 Los Angeles
#18 San Francisco
Bahh... Whatever. Many times these lists are compiled by detatched stuff shirts who live somewhere else or back east,
assuming they know what it's like to live in these areas on a daily basis. They dont.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times
Thinking of moving to sacramento. How is it for singles over 50 yrs old and still young, fit, and a woman.

Marin county got to be too corrupt, and sand francisco is f freezing, sonoma is all marrieds, and napa is a tourist place and money is only small for winery jobs.

Any thoughts on sacramento would be helpful please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California