Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:03 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times

Advertisements

I got mine today.
I think Democrats may have shot themselves in the foot when they changed it so all propositions are on the Nov. ballot.
They did this because more voters turn out for the bigger elections so they figure more Democrats will be there to pass all their tax raising propositions and take away your freedom propositions.
But people work, they have obligations, they don't have time to read this 1/2 inch thick book, they put it off and never get around to it.
So they only vote on some things or this helps make it easy to forget voting at all on election day especially if its a busy day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 10:04 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,530 times
Okay

Old 10-05-2016, 08:40 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I got mine today.
I think Democrats may have shot themselves in the foot when they changed it so all propositions are on the Nov. ballot.
They did this because more voters turn out for the bigger elections so they figure more Democrats will be there to pass all their tax raising propositions and take away your freedom propositions.
But people work, they have obligations, they don't have time to read this 1/2 inch thick book, they put it off and never get around to it.
So they only vote on some things or this helps make it easy to forget voting at all on election day especially if its a busy day.
Agree.

And i don't want to hijack your thread so if this isn't the right place to bring up a particular proposition someone should let me know. But prop 67 is, imo, a really important one and it's the very last (or close to it) prop on such a long ballot so i hope it doesn't get ignored. Or by the time people get to the end they're just so tired of it that they check the equivalent of "whatever" and end up voting no.

YES on 67 if you want to protect California's ban on plastic bags and disallow out of state manufacturers of these bags from over-turning it.

http://www.cayeson67.com/

Old 10-06-2016, 11:55 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,335,077 times
This gives a good summary of each bill...just click each proposition to read the summary:

http://ballot.fyi/

Old 10-11-2016, 08:23 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,397,254 times
I just received my Voter Information Guide.

HOLY CRAP! IT'S THE SIZE OF A FREEKIN' PHONEBOOK!

Nineteen (19) propositions? What the heck!

The average working person doesn't have time to make an informed decision over all these props.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:59 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I got mine today.
V8 Vega, We Dems are always told how to vote, so no reading is needed. Just bring along the recommendations and go down the check list. The Democrat way is just as easy peasy, as for you Republicans.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:48 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,018 times
I got my Sample Ballot yesterday.

Between all the pages and all the multiple languages, the type is so small I can't read it.

If they're serious about disenfranchising voters, this is the way to do it.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:39 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,315,772 times
I bet they used a lot of big words in it too. Don't have the time? No problem, the electorate just picks on news headlines anyway to make decisions.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:35 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
This gives a good summary of each bill...just click each proposition to read the summary:

http://ballot.fyi/
Wow!! Thanks for that great site. So much info there............and you can understand it too.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:01 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,378,674 times
I've been gone for a decade and that is one of things that I do not miss at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California