Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM

20 posts, read 471,185 times

Advertisements

One of my relatives plan to live in Vallejo, which I know is a bad place. Which areas in that city are the worst?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:29 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,501 times
Where Ever The Mac Dre Followers Live

Old 01-04-2008, 12:57 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
Hillcrest of course...many Vallejo rappers will give shout outs to "the Crest." I don't really know too much about Vallejo though, but it's not like the whole city is a ghetto. If you look at the crime stats, you'll see that they're not actually too high, though they're not low either.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 196,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Hillcrest of course...many Vallejo rappers will give shout outs to "the Crest." I don't really know too much about Vallejo though, but it's not like the whole city is a ghetto. If you look at the crime stats, you'll see that they're not actually too high, though they're not low either.

As a former Vallejo resident I can tell you that when people refer to "the Crest" they are talking about Country Club Crest out by Six Flags (used to be Marine World)

Hillcrest is over by Coughlan Hill around Farragut and Federal Terrace Elementary. Used to be nice but not now.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Where Ever The Mac Dre Followers Live

Good point you got there lol. Those followers are crazy, (doing the "yellow bus", sideshowing (as in spinning their own cars, burning rubber)).

Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfreim View Post
As a former Vallejo resident I can tell you that when people refer to "the Crest" they are talking about Country Club Crest out by Six Flags (used to be Marine World)

Hillcrest is over by Coughlan Hill around Farragut and Federal Terrace Elementary. Used to be nice but not now.
That's kinda nearby where my relatives wanted to live in. Its around the Whitney Dr. Neighborhood.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 196,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afraidofghettos View Post
That's kinda nearby where my relatives wanted to live in. Its around the Whitney Dr. Neighborhood.

That's more in College Park where I grew up (Amherst Ave.)

Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 98,166 times
Default Vallejo is beautiful

Vallejo has some of the most beautiful sunsets & waterfront in the SF bay. I'm proud to live in Vallejo by choice. We have perfect weather - warmer than foggy SF and cooler than Napa's hot summers. Mare Island is amazing! As safe & clean as anywhere in the world and fully of history. Hiddenbrook is built around a Arnold Palmer signature golf course - incredible! Historic downtown is revitalizing and the Empress theater renovation is done and it's beautiful. The Hyde park area around Costco is pleasant as well. Vallejo has a bad reputation but it's unfounded. 90% of Vallejo is safe and beautiful. Every city with over 100,000 people will have a bad neighborhood or two. Vallejo's rough spots are around Discovery Kingdom and right where 80 & 780 meet. Don't overlook our amazing city. Don't get your city-data from a rap song. Ask someone who lives here why they love Vallejo and they'll tell you about the Symphony, the architecture, the (mostly) friendly people, the marina, the 3 colleges (CSU Maritime, Touro, Solano College)... Vallejo calls itself "the city of opportunity" and they're right!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM

73 posts, read 473,762 times
Go to the Megan's Law website (not sure how to find it, just do a search) and you'll be able to look up where the registered sex offenders live.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM

18 posts, read 326,767 times
Default Fact finder

To whom it may concern- I want to tell anyone who want to move to Vallejo to reconsider. I wish Vallejo would get better soon but living here for all of my life I see no hope for this city. I often travel around California and also research other cities because I hope to be a city leader one day. Vallejo has many bad areas that at first glance look to be o.k. but don"t let the looks fool you. I have been stabbed in this city once by Knife and many other times by pens, sticks, etc. I am 21 years old and hispanic and I am almost constantly confronted or harrased by known gang members and drug addicts and lords. I live in an area known as MillerVille which at one time was worse than South Central, LA. At one time MillerVille district alone accounted for 60% of the cities homicides which was a total of 29. The area is 1 sq.mi. Another area is The Crest. To this day it is one of the worst areas in California according to the FBI database. Other areas include "Lofas", South Vallejo, "Hillside", "College Park", "Beverly Hills", "HillCrest", West Vallejo, and Downtown Vallejo especially near the infamous 201 Maine APTs. which houses the "201 Maine Killaz" and the "BGF" gang. Many Caucasian young men from nearby towns such as Benicia and Concord like to visit Vallejo for drug buys or just to "cruise" around the ghettos. Gangs don't harrass them because they are their best drug customers. Vallejo has a small gay population that mainly reside in the safer area known as the Heritage district. Unfortunately because hispanics and blacks don't vote as much the gays have been voting to get rid of a considerable amount of affordable homes and leaving people homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California