Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:51 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,886 times

Advertisements

Gun owners in California are not fighting for their rights! As I hear, much of the state includes rural areas where gun ownership is customary and accepted. Unfortunately the very politically-active population-dense cities like Sacramento, San Francisco and LA, are ultra-liberal and anti-gun.
Glad I'm far away from the state and just wish we could sent all anti-gunners there to live in "Utopia".

Old 03-01-2017, 07:49 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
There's a difference between a liberal and a leftwing nut?

If there is, who do you think the liberals support and vote into office?

If you are a liberal, ScoPro, and you really think there's a difference between them and you, you need to change sides.

There really isn't any difference.
I've been a conservative since the 1960s.

Pelosi, Schumer, DWS, Obama, & Jerry Brown are all leftwingnuts.

The Bushes, Trump, McConnell, Romney, & Ryan are liberals. Hell, even Nixon was a liberal.

Does that answer your question?

Old 03-02-2017, 04:39 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
Gun owners in California are not fighting for their rights! As I hear, much of the state includes rural areas where gun ownership is customary and accepted. Unfortunately the very politically-active population-dense cities like Sacramento, San Francisco and LA, are ultra-liberal and anti-gun.
Glad I'm far away from the state and just wish we could sent all anti-gunners there to live in "Utopia".
Considering that those liberal heavy areas are part of what contributed to Hillarys popular vote win, I don't think Gun owners in CA have much of a chance of improving the 2A environment any time soon.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Too many people are not aware of Prop 63 (at least none that Ive talked to lately). I cannot believe this was voted in by Americans. My husband and I are considering joining a gun club and learning how to shoot just so we can purchase some firearms. We also can't believe this hasn't been headline news.

Proposition 63 makes gun owners get a license before buying ammo. The cost of that permit will be $50 for four years. (until California decides to up it to $200 in a year or two).

Gun owners will be forced to go through a background check every time they purchase a box of ammo. They must pay $1 for that check.

No one will be allowed to bring ammo in from another state. If caught doing so he will be prosecuted and charged with a crime.

Walmart is considering pulling their gun section out of its Californian stores rather than comply with the extra paperwork and demands.

What is the NRA supposed to do when people vote away their own rights?!

Read it for yourself.

California gun owners stock up on ammunition ahead of new regulations | The Sacramento Bee

Did you know ANY of this BEFORE you decided to buy some guns and join a gun club? Or was the buying a gun and joining the factor in knowing this information? I knew about it well before it became law. I voted against it. If you did not educate yourself about it or understood what you are voting for well before it became law, or vote against it when it came up on the ballot you are part of the problem. By abstaining or voting no you took away someone else's right to their pursuit of happiness. I enjoy shooting. But it's gotten more and more expensive. The other problem is the leftwings say they want to help the poor. As far as I know poor people have guns set and it's placing a burden on them too with additional costs. And this law will do nothing to curtail gun violence or stop criminals from access to guns and ammunition. It's another feel good retarded law aimed at restricting rights.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:42 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Did you know ANY of this BEFORE you decided to buy some guns and join a gun club? Or was the buying a gun and joining the factor in knowing this information? I knew about it well before it became law. I voted against it. If you did not educate yourself about it or understood what you are voting for well before it became law, or vote against it when it came up on the ballot you are part of the problem. By abstaining or voting no you took away someone else's right to their pursuit of happiness. I enjoy shooting. But it's gotten more and more expensive. The other problem is the leftwings say they want to help the poor. As far as I know poor people have guns set and it's placing a burden on them too with additional costs. And this law will do nothing to curtail gun violence or stop criminals from access to guns and ammunition. It's another feel good retarded law aimed at restricting rights.

What makes you assume we live in California? We're actually 1000s of miles east of it. We never would have voted for anyone who would support that legislation.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
I voted no for this piece of garbage of a law. It does nothing to protect anyone. A lot of gun owners have been buying ammo in bulk for this very reason.

They should just make it illegal to kill people.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:49 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
80,000 prohibited persons attempt to purchase a firearm each year yet we prosecute something like 2%. We know where they live even.

California posted up this new stupid law at the same time they made stealing a handgun,which is often done to commit violent crimes, a misdemeanor in almost all cases.

Obviously, the intent is to drive the sport either out of CA or into the hands of the wealthy only. At some point there will be some serious kick back from all of these sneaky, hidden laws that make the recently law abiding, felons. Someone will bring ammo into the state, not know the law and get the book tossed at them. Someone's Grand Dad will get arrested hunting deer with an "assault rifle" that he's owned since he came back from Viet Nam.

That is why we have the NRA, the only way we can fight this tyranny is a pooled collection of our money.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:12 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
My guns identify as illegal aliens, will California politicians protect them?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:30 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
80,000 prohibited persons attempt to purchase a firearm each year yet we prosecute something like 2%. We know where they live even.

California posted up this new stupid law at the same time they made stealing a handgun,which is often done to commit violent crimes, a misdemeanor in almost all cases.

Obviously, the intent is to drive the sport either out of CA or into the hands of the wealthy only. At some point there will be some serious kick back from all of these sneaky, hidden laws that make the recently law abiding, felons. Someone will bring ammo into the state, not know the law and get the book tossed at them. Someone's Grand Dad will get arrested hunting deer with an "assault rifle" that he's owned since he came back from Viet Nam.

That is why we have the NRA, the only way we can fight this tyranny is a pooled collection of our money.
I've used these examples before, I'm sure I will again. Two clear violations of Federal law that directly resulted on the deaths of a police officer, resulting in pretty much no punishment.

Until the laws we have are enforced it makes no sense to create more laws that won't be enforced.

Straw purchaser who bought gun used by Omaha cop killer gets probation

Probation for straw purchase of gun used in cop shooting

Old 03-02-2017, 09:31 AM

626 posts, read 626,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
We are fighting for our rights here in California but the Liberal Elitists just have more money and thus more of a message. But we are fighting the Legislature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California