Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:32 AM

626 posts, read 626,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
My guns identify as illegal aliens, will California politicians protect them?
My guns do as well. They will not recognize the crap coming out of Sacramento at all. I am a sanctuary household.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:40 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Too many people are not aware of Prop 63 (at least none that Ive talked to lately). I cannot believe this was voted in by Americans. My husband and I are considering joining a gun club and learning how to shoot just so we can purchase some firearms. We also can't believe this hasn't been headline news.

Proposition 63 makes gun owners get a license before buying ammo. The cost of that permit will be $50 for four years. (until California decides to up it to $200 in a year or two).

Gun owners will be forced to go through a background check every time they purchase a box of ammo. They must pay $1 for that check.

No one will be allowed to bring ammo in from another state. If caught doing so he will be prosecuted and charged with a crime.

Walmart is considering pulling their gun section out of its Californian stores rather than comply with the extra paperwork and demands.

What is the NRA supposed to do when people vote away their own rights?!

Read it for yourself.

California gun owners stock up on ammunition ahead of new regulations | The Sacramento Bee
My own feeling is that a lot of this should be taken out of the hands of the states.

That would call for a change to The Constitution, I think, with the Second Amendment being made stronger in some areas.
I take a little heat from people when I propose that semi-automatic weapons should not be sold to the general public, but I believe that, too, should be taken out of the hands of the states.

It would take a change to The Second Amendment to get it all straightened out, though. Otherwise states are going to find ever more clever ways to infringe upon our American right to keep and bear...

Old 03-02-2017, 10:51 AM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Our children, grandchildren, parents (elderly) and siblings are all in NY. If we leave NY, we leave everything we love. It's not as easy as people think to just up and move to another state.

We're supposed to be free in America. We're not. Not when our neighbors (representatives) can tell us how to live, and then punish us for not obeying.
You are not responsible for their bad decisions on a place to live. I was similar with the Atlanta, Georgia area. I beat feet to the West. Anyone who wanted to come with me could (one cousin did).

NY is not much freer than North Korea. Ugh.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:12 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
My own feeling is that a lot of this should be taken out of the hands of the states.

That would call for a change to The Constitution, I think, with the Second Amendment being made stronger in some areas.
I take a little heat from people when I propose that semi-automatic weapons should not be sold to the general public, but I believe that, too, should be taken out of the hands of the states.

It would take a change to The Second Amendment to get it all straightened out, though. Otherwise states are going to find ever more clever ways to infringe upon our American right to keep and bear...
It would take a law suit that would go to the Supreme Court to have any chance of over turning the laws CA now has in place.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:16 PM

5,745 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Quote:
Too many people are not aware of Prop 63 (at least none that Ive talked to lately). I cannot believe this was voted in by Americans. My husband and I are considering joining a gun club and learning how to shoot just so we can purchase some firearms. We also can't believe this hasn't been headline news.

Proposition 63 makes gun owners get a license before buying ammo. The cost of that permit will be $50 for four years. (until California decides to up it to $200 in a year or two).

Gun owners will be forced to go through a background check every time they purchase a box of ammo. They must pay $1 for that check.

No one will be allowed to bring ammo in from another state. If caught doing so he will be prosecuted and charged with a crime.

Walmart is considering pulling their gun section out of its Californian stores rather than comply with the extra paperwork and demands.

What is the NRA supposed to do when people vote away their own rights?!

Read it for yourself.

California gun owners stock up on ammunition ahead of new regulations | The Sacramento Bee
You live in CA. The ultimate goal of the liberals that run this state is to eliminate, by any way necessary, all the guns in CA. They know they can't just ban them, due to that pesky 2nd Amendment that they hate so much. So they resort to these ridiculous laws that try to make gun ownership a huge burden and pain in the butt. They hope that people will get tired and frustrated with having to jump thru all the stupid hoops just to be a gun owner, and just say forget it, and get rid of their guns.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
What makes you assume we live in California? We're actually 1000s of miles east of it. We never would have voted for anyone who would support that legislation.

I assumed only because your post wording reads as if you're in California and you're listing in a California forum. It reads exactly like a post from a clueless Californian who wants to get into guns because of the "cool" factor.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:32 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I assumed only because your post wording reads as if you're in California and you're listing in a California forum. It reads exactly like a post from a clueless Californian who wants to get into guns because of the "cool" factor.

Do you know what they say about people who assume too much?

I posted it in the California section because that's where it belongs. Where else would someone post a topic about California law,,, in the Montana section?

Old 03-03-2017, 12:37 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Do you know what they say about people who assume too much?

I posted it in the California section because that's where it belongs. Where else would someone post a topic about California law,,, in the Montana section?
To be fair you didn't post it here. You posted it in the guns and hunting forum, it was moved here by a mod.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:04 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
if guns/ammos are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

so if they outlaw rifles (consider it banned/outlawed already with all the restrictions they passed), only the outlaws will have rifles. and that should have scared the legislators

Old 03-03-2017, 04:05 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Make your own ammo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California