Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,129,483 times

Advertisements

Any updates or anyone else that has some sort of knowledge on Modoc County and/or Lassen County?

I was street-viewing some areas of these two counties (Will continue to do so!), and the areas that I found to be the most appealing (so far) are as follows:

Modoc County
Lake City, Likely, Adin, Newell, New Pine Creek, Dalton

Lassen County
Westwood, Nubieber, Litchfield, Doyle, Little Valley

I sure would LOVE to live in one of those areas (in either Modoc or Lassen County)! Both Modoc and Lassen County are just downright gorgeous, especially the open, hot desert portions of both!

So beautiful, in fact, that several of the rural areas (namely, Lake City, Newell, Likely, and Dalton) I was street-viewing and their features and surroundings actually nearly made me tear up (seriously)...

Both Modoc and Lassen County also sure have enormous amounts of HUGE trees! And... four actual seasons, too?!

One day, just ONE day, I'll be sure take a trip up to those two counties! It's now one of the things on my bucket list.

Perhaps I'm starting to get into rural areas a lot more (I am)...

I'll keep on street-viewing!

Last edited by Brandon Graves; 11-06-2017 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 11:19 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Yes, a bit of Plumas County near the NV border. It depends on how remote, and how small a town you can tolerate. Follow the hwy 395 south from Lassen, you'll run into that pocket of Plumas Co. that's high desert. Nearly all of Lassen Co. is classified as high desert. I guess you've figured that out by now. I would think one of the main concerns would be proximity to emergency care facilities.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,158,683 times
You can do a cheap tour courtesy of Google Maps street view. Frex, here's some random location a few miles north of Susanville:

https://goo.gl/maps/gFgPHovNQPS2

...with snow!

Old 11-08-2017, 11:04 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,129,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
You can do a cheap tour courtesy of Google Maps street view. Frex, here's some random location a few miles north of Susanville:

https://goo.gl/maps/gFgPHovNQPS2

...with snow!
Awesome!...

Old 12-28-2017, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
Any updates or anyone else that has some sort of knowledge on Modoc County and/or Lassen County?

Modoc County
Lake City, Likely, Adin, Newell, New Pine Creek, Dalton

Lassen County
Westwood, Nubieber, Litchfield, Doyle, Little Valley

I sure would LOVE to live in one of those areas (in either Modoc or Lassen County)! Both Modoc and Lassen County are just downright gorgeous, especially the open, hot desert portions of both!
These towns are in beautiful areas, but generally the area is remote. The towns don't offer much in terms of facilities. For example, Lake City has no store, no gas station, in fact no businesses at all. Basic shopping is in Cedarville (pop. 500), about 10 miles away. If you like quiet, vast and beautiful landscapes and friendly people, this area (Surprise Valley) is fantastic. If you want to live there, be sure you like a slow pace of life, can handle cold winters, are willing to drive some distance for services, and have a source of income that doesn't rely on the local area. We absolutely love it there.

Some of these towns (Doyle, Likely, New Pine Creek) are right on Hwy 395.

You would really enjoy a visit to this area! There is a great bed and breakfast between Lake City and Ft. Bidwell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California