Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 06:03 PM

456 posts, read 240,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Bolander, what is wrong with you? What is your point and mission with this endless drivel? Do you think you are the only person (or one of a small set) who can see “The Real and True Picture of California” and you are mandated by god to bring revelation to us ignorant unwashed masses on burning tablets to save us from Armageddon?

I’m waiting for you to suggest leading us across the desert where you’ll part the Salton Sea and bestow salvation upon us in Arizona, or Texas, or Timbuctoo.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuctoo,_California)

It’s as if you are an elementary school kid trying to impress the class that your daddy’s car is shinier than everyone else's’ daddies’ cars. Good grief. Grow up and grow a pair. Be happy where you live and shut up about it.

I am sorry. You mistook me for someone who cares what you think. Ignore me. You don't get to dictate what I post about. This is a post about tax reform effects and you and your ilk have spread so much misinformation. The reality that many have already proved is this helped most of you in CA. If it didn't help most of the people you know they need a new accountant.

Worry about your little boat instead of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 06:05 PM

I don't like people lying or making stuff up and it is clear many here do.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:39 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times
Look in the mirror. You're making Financial claims that keep on being refuted. You had to resort to believing I'm making up my personal facts that conflict with your false views. Yes, if I was a very high income earner, like 400k plus, I would pay a lot more tax in CA than TX. As I'm still in the first half of my career, I plan to get there. TX still isn't worth it for me and others here. But giddy up cowboy and enjoy your windfall!

And if your ilk want those suburban congressional seats back, figure out a way not to increase their taxes!

Old 01-13-2020, 06:43 PM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
We already showed that your $1M home in CA would have been $350K in TX. Half in property taxes. Period. BS on the salary as well.

We have lower sales tax also, not higher. You just make crap up. Pretty funny.
Again, you attack people when they happen to believe differently than you do.

Quote:
Not may fault you were willing to pay $800K to move here when you could have gotten the house for $300K. Pretty much shows that you have no business making financial decisions.
You really need to pay attention to what people write when they have chosen to live where they do. And it isn't in Texas.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Again, you attack people when they happen to believe differently than you do.

You really need to pay attention to what people write when they have chosen to live where they do. And it isn't Texas.
[/quote]

No I don't attack when they actually post proof. You show me a $1M in my city and then post one that is in Bel Air and I will acknowledge. You tell me you live in a $1M house in Thousand Oaks and then make up something and say it would cost you $800K in a like type city I expect you to post a link. Very easy to do. I can easily replace any home that is $1M in Thousand Oaks with a like type house in a like type city for close to $350K and will gladly post a link to the house. One example is that someone earlier posted a link to a calculator that showed you would owe 3.56% on $110,000 in income with 2 exemptions. I acknowledged it. That is proof.

The difference is all you talk and never post proof. I post a ton of proof.

I get it. You all are hoodwinked and fleeced and that is tough to admit. I was too smart to get fleeced.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:53 PM

21,742 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
I don't like people lying or making stuff up and it is clear many here do.
Roflmfao ... you’re posting all this endless minutia and drivel - uh - because you are Don Quixote of the internet? A billion (at least) people around the globe lie and make stuff up every day to bullsh*t and manipulate and control and steal and intimidate ... and you, the Wizard Bolanders behind the curtain, have decided CD California forum is so egregious and a top-of-list of offender that this is where you make your stand: spreading revelation about tax differences between California and Texas? Is that right?

You, who says he makes all voting decisions unemotionally on the merits of issues alone, and then votes for Trump’s tax cuts which are designed with only one merit: to garner adoration and re election, ignoring their effect on the crushing national debt - are passionately tilting at the windmills of internet forum lies whilst simultaneously declaring you are voting like Mr. Spock on Star Trek.

Good one bro.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Roflmfao ... you’re posting all this endless minutia and drivel - uh - because you are Don Quixote of the internet? A billion (at least) people around the globe lie and make stuff up every day to bullsh*t and manipulate and control and steal and intimidate ... and you, the Wizard Bolanders behind the curtain, have decided CD California forum is so egregious and a top-of-list of offender that this is where you make your stand: spreading revelation about tax differences between California and Texas? Is that right?

You, who says he makes all voting decisions unemotionally on the merits of issues alone, and then votes for Trump’s tax cuts which are designed with only one merit: to garner adoration and re election, ignoring their effect on the crushing national debt - are passionately tilting at the windmills of internet forum lies whilst simultaneously declaring you are voting like Mr. Spock on Star Trek.

Good one bro.
There is the tinfoil. No the tax cuts led to me actually paying less in taxes.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:59 PM

21,742 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
There is the tinfoil.
Yeah. You’re wearing it.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah. You’re wearing it.
No not me. I don't think the world is coming to an end and out to get us. TDS again? I can also do math and know how to do actual taxes on income and it is plain to see that tax effects by Trump policy have been net positive for the masses.

Why is it none of you could give one example when I asked for examples a few pages back? I gave examples. The one example given backfired and showed the person paid less in taxes.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times
No okay, you win I was too dumb to take Texas over California even though it meant taking home less money, paying more taxes and not enjoying all the things CA has to offer. I really bumbled this decision and regret not living in Dallas where I would have less money but at least I could revel in the joy of a 300k home, which I'm sure is far superior than my slice of paradise in the santa monica mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California