Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 07:58 PM

35 posts, read 32,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Since Brown signed into law our independence from federal laws, is that across the board? A friend of mine, for example, is a helicopter pilot, so can he now land on my front lawn? Also, can I now dump motor oil and other toxins in the storm drains? Furthermore, can I go bowhunting for bald eagles? I hear that their being endangered makes them extra tasty.
I feel your pain most certainly. This is why I started a new topic yesterday to hopefully tap into the minds of some of you who love living in California. A very serious question. How do you nice folks here love living in today's California? It is 2017. Not 1978. I think myself, and many people around the United States (or non-Californians) would love to understand why California is still the ultimate place to live even with all the problems there: Graffiti everywhere, massive numbers of illegal immigrants not to mention the many illegal enclave cities like Van Nuys, Reseda, extreme liberal California policies that give criminals rights, illegals rights, small business owners are forced out and Hollywood continually gets a free pass.

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...nia-happy.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 07:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando is Alive View Post
I feel your pain most certainly. This is why I started a new topic yesterday to hopefully tap into the minds of some of you who love living in California. A very serious question. How do you folks love living today's California lifestyle? It's 2017. Not 1978. I think myself, and many people around the United States (or non-Californians) would love to understand why California is still the ultimate place to live with all the problems there: Graffiti everywhere, massive numbers of illegal immigrants not to mention the many illegal enclave cities like Van Nuys, Reseda, etc and the extreme liberal California policies that give criminals rights, illegals rights, small business owners are forced out, Hollywood gets a free pass, etc, etc?

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...nia-happy.html
It isn't.

More residents of CA move out than residents of other States move in.

The growth is foreign immigration and births.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
It isn't.

I understand. Ok. But why can't our Government of the state of California finally drop the hammer after decades of skirting the issues and enforce our laws for once?

Old 10-07-2017, 08:39 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando is Alive View Post
I understand. Ok. But why can't our Government of the state of California finally drop the hammer after decades of skirting the issues and enforce our laws for once?
Enforce our laws??? Residents here don't know what that means anymore.. Brown stain and De Le lousy are passing laws to let criminals out. It's like the Wild West here.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Enforce our laws??? Residents here don't know what that means anymore. Brown stain and De Le lousy are passing laws to let criminals out. It's like the Wild West here.
This is so sad it is almost unbelievable. Perhaps a revolution is in short order? Unreal.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:54 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
The Federal government should send in the National Guard to Sacramento, arrest every member of the state government, and replace them with Trump appointees until a new election can be held.
It would be pointless because California is a democrat state and most of the state government members would be replaced by democrats. Our only option is to kick California out of the country and let them be a testing ground for North Korea's nukes.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Our only option is to kick California out of the country and let them be a testing ground for North Korea's nukes.
You have my vote

Old 10-07-2017, 10:52 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Since Brown signed into law our independence from federal laws, is that across the board? A friend of mine, for example, is a helicopter pilot, so can he now land on my front lawn? Also, can I now dump motor oil and other toxins in the stormdrains? Furthermore, can I go bowhunting for bald eagles? I hear that their being endangered makes them extra tasty.
Ah, you must speak Russian. And not be here on an expired Russian visa.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:43 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Well the President could declare a state of emergency in CA , impose martial law and set up a "temporary" Gov't.

That would be interesting and under those conditions the courts have little to no power over it.
In that case whoever's next in the chain of command would be in line for those offices. Using the example that I remember from US government in high school about Wallace, if he had gone ahead with his threats to nullify federal civil rights law and was subsequently arrested for obstruction of justice by federal law enforcement, the Lieutenant Governor of Alabama would have been the governor.

If Trump were to short-circuit this process and appoint his own people he would be inviting impeachment more than anything else, and no doubt his financial and health records would just happen to be leaked right afterwards

Old 10-08-2017, 01:56 AM

47 posts, read 36,628 times
Quote:
It isn't.

Huh huh. So there was a net out migration of 125,000 in 2015. Thats 0.3% of the state population. You act as if that is significant. What about all of the wealthy people moving into the state? Clearly it must be a pretty good place if thousands are moving here. And I can assure you that poor people are not the ones moving from other states to CA.

Another thing to think about:

California did lose 3.5 million people to other states in the 2010-2015 period. It’s sad to see family, friends and co-workers chase their dreams elsewhere. And that’s more than any other state.

The much-heralded Texas, a top destination for departing Californians, had the second-biggest loss of residents in these six years: 2.5 million. Then came New York, 2.4 million, and Florida, 2 million.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ocreg...alifornia/amp/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California