Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

I shall continue to drink my one cup of organic coffee daily but I've never stood in line at Starbucks for their processed coffees and sugars...and spend $6-7 for a coffee drink -- nope.

I started this in current events and maybe you want to read a few of the first comments:

//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...re-cancer.html

Maybe I'll start breaking the law and smoke in restaurants and throw my butts in the street and use more and more plastic and throw it around in my nanny state. Love This State...

Just remember everyone is paid nicely for doing all their studies even the Monsanto's of the world. And the Dow Chemicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 10:04 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Creating this thread as I enjoy my dark roast coffee. Is this going to change your coffee habit?
https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
As I m sipping a nice hot cup right now I doubt my habits are gonna change

Old 03-30-2018, 10:26 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Interesting. I recently quit caffeine just because I want to feel more calm, so no more caffeine for me. If I didn't actually want to quit anyway, though, this news probably wouldn't get me to quit. I used to smoke, too, and also quit that. But, people with habits they know aren't great for them, don't usually care too much about such warnings. I doubt it will affect roasted coffee sales much, at least not anytime soon.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:35 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'm highly skeptical of this recent study given that it's largely based on correlation data from a single chemical in coffee.
Agreed, and you can't necessarily extrapolate results of data using rats to humans.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:40 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,300,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
No. I shall continue to live dangerously & have daily morning 2 cups of black coffee.
Two? That's it? It takes 4 cups before I can get up and get the day going and another 2 cups before I'm at full speed.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:38 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
^What he said.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:55 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=spartanntp

Quote:
"It is a shame that something like this is getting so much attention and will scare people," Alice Bender, director of nutrition at the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) told TODAY. "Most people are not aware that there are so many other lifestyle choices — like their weight and physical activity — that will play a much bigger role in health and cancer risk."

So far, the evidence connecting coffee to cancer is murky.

"We have not seen any link that shows an increase of cancer from coffee," Bender said.
Quote:
When it comes to cancer, several recent studies have shown that coffee drinking helps. A meta-analysis of 127 studies showed that coffee consumption likely reduces the risk of prostate, breast, colorectal, colon and endometrial cancers.

"They came up with coffee having a beneficial effect," Shepard said.

And the AICR said research indicates coffee decreases the chance of getting two cancers.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:23 AM

807 posts, read 898,409 times
Here's a copy of the court decision papers for the curious:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...l-Phase-2.html

I don't know who the Council for Education and Research on Toxics are but I think this case smells like a money grab.

As for the judge not putting his foot down on this nonsense when he should have, I guess at least we can say he's probably not an activist judge since the case must have been handled with legal precision in order to arrive at the conclusion that it did.

Credit to the court decision papers goes to this post at The Recorder By Law.com:
Sugar, Cream and a Prop 65 Warning Label With Your Coffee?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:23 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Good to see nothing has changed in the CA forums. Still dripping with disdain LOL

And away I go

Old 04-01-2018, 10:19 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I think since California has the most sunshine of any state and the sun is known to cause cancer the state of California should be sued for not warning all residents and visitors that being in the state of California can cause cancer.
Yeah I think it is a NEGLIGENT act for the State of California not post signs everywhere warning it’s citizens of this harmful effect. It should force everyone who read this to sign a WAIVER they will not sue the State!

A failure to do so will only reveals the HYPOCRISY of the State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California