Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times

Advertisements

I live in the northern section of the San Francisco Bay Area and my 15 year old daughter is involved
in competitive cheer leading and competes on the campus of the University of the Pacific. Stockton
is Diverse with the worst area's somewhat like East/West Oakland and Richmond CA being among the
most Dangerous in America. Stockton also has some solid great middle class area's and some really
nice upscale area's choose your experience in the city of Stockton you do have options Ghetto/Upscale.

The only problem that I see is the Air Pollution and that's goes for Sacramento/Modesto/Fresno and
Bakersfield. I believe that the only clean air city in the Big Valley is in the most northern region Redding CA.

Redding CA
Redding, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Redding CA - Yahoo Image Search Results

Stockton CA
Stockton, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stockton CA - Yahoo Image Search Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 10:16 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,548,735 times
We stopped at In-N-Out in Stockton last year. That particular area didn't seem dangerous, but 3/4 of the patrons looked like they were 300+ lbs.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,719 times
YES ITS BAD. It is the single most ****ty place on the west coast. Having gone to school there I truly regret that decision. Don't ever go to UoP! Pacific has zero college town feel and I wish everyday that I went somewhere else, any UC or even SFSU.

The people are trashy, even the students who attend UOP. They're not as smart as the pre-pharm or pre-dent majors. The entire Psychology lab and program is a joke. Yes there are a lot of Mexicans in the school and they average a C at best. I was so bored and uninspired because the work was so easy. The moment I graduated I got out of that crappy city and retuned to beautiful San Jose.

Stockton is gross. 1/3 every house I saw was foreclosed. Everyone looked depressed and I just noticed 90% of them are....physically unattractive. Like...300+lbs, or heavily pregnant, black homeless people in rags...waiting to pay with food stamps. Total dilapidation and a lot of crime to boot. I wake to sirens and I fear for my safety everytime I left campus. I didn't know before how much a place can suck.

True story: there was a ugly Asian chick name Sallie who got knocked up at 19 by this Mexican trying to sell Amway scam around campus. She wasn't smart (C average) but still - I was shocked to see her in class 7 months pregnant. Unmarried. No $. Still a student. Studying Philosophy (lolz). Living with mom. Keeping the Mexicans baby. 30K in debt.

Fast forward 4 years later, she has 3 ugly kids and living on food stamps with her mom. least she's married now I think. His name is Adrian Hernandez - Basalite & "Cepheid" I Ihink? One of their kids is school age and they couldn't afford to send her to school. Can't feed them? Don't breed them. Guess no one told Sal. So yeah the kid (and her other two kids probably) is staying home until our tax dollars pay for their mistakes. Last time I checked a 4 year old shouldn't still be in diapers...unless there's a developmental prob.

Lol how Stockton produces TRASH, it's hilarious. Btw you know they have a water issue now too? Similar to Flint Michigan water crisis. Almost the exact same story, the crappy local government trying to deny everything.

Last edited by SaryJamie; 02-03-2016 at 11:47 AM..

Old 02-09-2016, 02:12 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,876,781 times
I've never lived in Stockton,but I agree with you in your statement....I live in the Central Valley specifically the Bakersfield Area,and Bakersfield also has a lot of bad rep as well...I honestly thought Bakersfield would be horrible from hearing so many negative comments,but surprisingly Bakersfield is just like any other mid-sized city with the good and bad.

People who complain about towns/cities in the Central Valley truly need to travel to other parts of the World or even other parts of the Country to see how much better we have it here...I'm not saying there are no problems here,but the problems here pale in comparison to other places in my opinion,but there will always be those who hate living in the Central Valley for whatever reason that may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72bug View Post
I haven't lived in stockton but my Dad and extended family all do, so I've been going there for years. From my perspective, no it's not as bad as people think. It has bad neighborhoods and good ones, it's just that the ratio is like 20:1. There are plenty of areas that don't feel unsafe... I imagine people who haven't been there think that every street corner is gang infested. Stockton doesn't have that much going on within the city limits but it's only an hour from the bay area and 30 min from sacramento. There are worse places to live that are as ghetto and more isolated (fresno). Again, I haven't actually lived in stockton... just a visitors observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California