Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:52 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,366,715 times

Advertisements

"We had a great house under contract and it burned down".....damn.....sorry about your luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 10:10 AM

50 posts, read 115,451 times
Over a 1100 homes burned up and normal inventory including land, condos and everything is only around 700-800 listings so if you do the math house prices will be going up based on supply and demand. I live here and already have seen 30-40k price increases. To get into a new house your looking at mid $400ks like in Shastina Estate etc. Having said that Redding and the Carr fire has really united the town and the new police chief is cleaning up the city.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:10 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yattycathy View Post
So what’s up with the damn housing market in Redding and surrounding areas?

We put in a few respectable (within 10-15k of asking price) offers on houses and no one engages. It’s very confusing as to whether these listed houses have owners who truly want to sell. I doubt people who had houses burn down can pay 500-600k for a new house. It’s like suddenly everyone thinks their house has increased in value.

We had a great house under contract and it burned down.
You have a problem understanding in a tight market like in Redding, that people can get their asking price if it is true market price, and the majority are not going to take a low ball offer such as you are making.

Low ball offers such as you are making will not be accepted or often even acknowledged.

If you want to buy a home in Redding, you are going to have to pay the asking price or above to buy the home.

In some tight markets, you are not even going to get to buy a home at full asking price, as the demand is so high that there will be a bidding war on every home that is desirable and priced anywhere near the local market value. As Redding gets settled down again, you are going to see prices increase even more.

You think you are making fair offers, but as you find out you are not, and your offers are being rejected. If you want to buy a home in Redding area, buy at asking price now, or you may find as much as a 20% increase in value for homes as home sales pick up.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:08 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
You have a problem understanding in a tight market like in Redding, that people can get their asking price if it is true market price, and the majority are not going to take a low ball offer such as you are making.

Low ball offers such as you are making will not be accepted or often even acknowledged.

If you want to buy a home in Redding, you are going to have to pay the asking price or above to buy the home.

In some tight markets, you are not even going to get to buy a home at full asking price, as the demand is so high that there will be a bidding war on every home that is desirable and priced anywhere near the local market value. As Redding gets settled down again, you are going to see prices increase even more.

You think you are making fair offers, but as you find out you are not, and your offers are being rejected. If you want to buy a home in Redding area, buy at asking price now, or you may find as much as a 20% increase in value for homes as home sales pick up.
I would tend to agree. I bought my house here in Redding a little over 2 years ago. Last week the agent that I bought it from was talking to me and told that it’s value has increased roughly 10% not including improvements. That’s before taking about 1000 homes out of the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California