Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 05:10 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sanctuary state, as it pertains to California means that law enforcement agents do not ask about a person’s immigration status and they can't participate in any program that uses them as immigration agents.

In addition to California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Oregon and Vermont are sanctuary states. There are also a large number of sanctuary cities and counties. https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities...ies-and-States

The main reason for sanctuary status is to encourage undocumented people to report crime in their neighborhoods and testify against criminals without fear of deportation when they show up in court.

California does not "openly welcome all illegal aliens", but I'm sure there is nothing that I could say that would change your mind about that.
they're offering free healthcare, housing, food, and phones for illegals. This state is desperate for illegals because the democrats need to stay in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 05:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
they're offering free healthcare, housing, food, and phones for illegals. This state is desperate for illegals because the democrats need to stay in power.
Really?

San Francisco has a program that provides basic health services, only at City and County facilities to all residents regardless of immigration status.

Illegal immigrants are not eligible for SNAP or HUD housing, both are federal programs and specifically prohibit people from those programs who don't have authorization to live in the US.

There is no citizenship check for the free cell phone program but enrollment in a recognized social service program such as TANF or SNAP is required.

Children of immigrants who were born in the US are eligible for the same programs as any citizen, but their parents are not.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 PM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
they're offering free healthcare, housing, food, and phones for illegals.
Wrong.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-circulating-/

Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 PM

21,742 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
1. These complaints have nothing to do with sanctuary policies.

2. Illegals don’t vote.

3. Illegal population has been declining since the recession.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:31 PM

603 posts, read 443,695 times
Free cellphones for illegals or legals for that matter.....you’ve got to be kidding? What kind of crazy society do these people want to live in ?

Old 01-13-2019, 05:33 PM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
they're offering free healthcare, housing, food, and phones for illegals.
Your statement about phones is also not true.

The Lifeline (phone) program originated in 1984, during the administration of Ronald Reagan; it was expanded in 1996, during the administration of Bill Clinton; and its first cellular provider service (SafeLink Wireless) was launched by TracFone in 2008, during the administration of George W. Bush. All of these milestones were passed prior to the advent of the Obama administration.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/phone-home/

Old 01-13-2019, 09:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
Free cellphones for illegals or legals for that matter.....you’ve got to be kidding? What kind of crazy society do these people want to live in ?
This is the first time you've heard of the lifeline program?

Old 01-13-2019, 11:02 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1. These complaints have nothing to do with sanctuary policies.

2. Illegals don’t vote.

3. Illegal population has been declining since the recession.
Who are you kidding? The problem with your argument is that illegals don't vote but their children and grandchildren do when they are old enough, and they number in the millions. That's the whole point of the conversation. If illegal immigration was controlled, these people wouldn't be voting here since their parents had no right to be in this country.
Also, since children of all immigrants are citizens, including illegals those children are fully eligible for every and all government assistant programs. Again, if their parents hadn't immigrated here illegally, they wouldn't be here in our school system or living in section 8 housing or be eligible for SNAP.
The illegal population numbers always goes up and down from year to year and decade to decade so arguing that the number of illegals might be down right now, means nothing in another year or 10 years.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:24 AM

603 posts, read 443,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is the first time you've heard of the lifeline program?
Actually no ... I must admit I’ve never heard of it. I’m not sure it’s actually free cell phones if the information contained in your link is correct it seems subsidized or steeply discounted but not free.
I honestly don’t know how I feel about it... the libertarian in me says no way but I’m pragmatically thinking I see benefits as well in advance of many welfare programs.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:58 AM

716 posts, read 540,191 times
actually i am very happy in crawford thank you for asking - gas 1.71 - elec 9.5 cents per kw, people actually wave with all five fingers, open doors for you and say thank you

no taxes on my cell phone or internet, no state income tax, not even one bond on the last election, i can buy a handgun with a 10 minute wait - no regrets whatsoever ever

me trip last week to so cal just proved once again it was a great move- traffic was a ***** even at 1 in the afternoon, rude drivers, homeless and beggars, gas over 3 bucks

SF now allows illegals to vote for school board -illegals can register to vote when they get a drivers

and keep telling yourself that illegals dont get welfare, food stamps, heath care via emergency rooms lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California