Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2023, 11:53 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Also some stores reducing hours and closing off some entrances/exits made no sense. That only causes more people to be in close proximity. So much of what they did made no sense but people followed along.
No sense, whatsoever. This whole thing painted a clear picture of how easily people can be manipulated. One of the most disturbing to me is employers threatening to fire staff if they didn't allow an unknown formula be injected into their body.

Old 02-24-2023, 11:56 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I still recall the guy who was surfing (alone, I might add) and was given a citation for it. Or was he actually arrested? I don't remember but it was stupid.

I never never never believed that making someone stay indoors was a good idea. You can be outdoors with fresh air and not be around people. I have no proof that shows that to be true but, based on my experience, staying indoors is less healthy than being outside. And while I'm on an irritation roll, I thought that herding people into only big box stores was ludicrous. Why not let people take precautions (if wearing a mask was one of them) and let them go into a store they want? Fewer people in one area when spread out. No. Instead, they made old people line up in front of a store at 7 am in the morning so they could get first dibs on toilet paper.

The only thing that accomplished was exposing more people at once to the virus, not to mention making those big box stores even more profitable. I still think that was the plan. but I've never passed up on a good conspiracy.
I actually created a meme that showed them tackling said surfer. It said, "Why aren't you in Costco like everyone else?".

Pretty much summed it up.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:02 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Also some stores reducing hours and closing off some entrances/exits made no sense. That only causes more people to be in close proximity. So much of what they did made no sense but people followed along.
the albertsons I used in south OC literally made one way exits/entrances. the pavilions in Newport had the same thing but for going up/down aisles that thankfully hardly anyone followed, although I did get a scoff look once for "going up a down aisle". what a mess that all was

Old 02-24-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
the albertsons I used in south OC literally made one way exits/entrances. the pavilions in Newport had the same thing but for going up/down aisles that thankfully hardly anyone followed, although I did get a scoff look once for "going up a down aisle". what a mess that all was
What a complete cluster the local stores were. You were forced to be 6 feet apart down each aisle to checkout, The lines were so long that people shopping had to literally nearly hug people to get to food. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. Whelp,, besides the whole masking charade.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:06 PM

You're right. That pretty much describes it. Looking back over the past three years, there's a lot of things that were done wrong. Maybe next time it won't happen that way?

Old 02-24-2023, 12:08 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
No sense, whatsoever. This whole thing painted a clear picture of how easily people can be manipulated. One of the most disturbing to me is employers threatening to fire staff if they didn't allow an unknown formula be injected into their body.
It really did, especially the media doing so. I was already aware of their biases but they went on full display and were so blatant during the pandemic. It definitely made me question a lot.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:13 PM

^sav858 It's good to question things. Always. And I whole-hardheartedly agree about the media. They are horribly biased and it's only gotten worse in recent years. Probably why I don't read or watch the news much these days ... other than reading about snow in the bay area. That's newsworthy!!!

Old 02-24-2023, 12:14 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times
And yet there are still the defenders of bad policies here.
Some even wanted more restrictions I guess because it’s cool.
Hey it’s only like a summer camp for kids right?

Old 02-24-2023, 12:24 PM

Quote:
You're right. That pretty much describes it. Looking back over the past three years, there's a lot of things that were done wrong. Maybe next time it won't happen that way?
Don't worry, it will be. We still keep having wars. We've learned zero.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:37 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Good for California! As of late February, our death rate from COVID-19 is quite a bit lower than many other states.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California