Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 10:00 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,002,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This bill would require a retail department store with 500 or more employees to maintain undivided areas of its sales floor where, if it sells childcare articles, children’s clothing, or toys, all childcare items, all clothing for children, or all toys, regardless of whether a particular item has traditionally been marketed for either girls or for boys, shall be displayed.

Beginning on January 1, 2023, the bill would make a retail department store that fails to correct a violation of these provisions within 30 days of receiving written notice of the violation from the Attorney General liable for a civil penalty of $1,000, as provided.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01920200AB2826
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 10:02 AM

Introduced by Assemblyman Evan Low (D)-San Jose.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:19 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,988,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
What in the absolute **** is going on in this world! Next they will start mixing adult clothes with each other as required by law. There are way more important things to worry about like...housing! Like...UC grad students not being able to afford housing, protesting, and getting fired. NOT where children's toys are placed within stores. What a joke.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:29 AM

13,687 posts, read 8,001,483 times
Manipulating a legitimate product market to push an absurdist, anti-human ideology.

Great job, California.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:17 PM

3,161 posts, read 2,714,257 times
Time to change out our state legislature. The knee-jerk election of a bunch of wackadoos in response to the head of the federal executive needs to be corrected.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:23 PM

19,229 posts, read 16,753,611 times
Another ridiculous law. No wonder the rest of the country thinks we're a bunch of nuts.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Another ridiculous law. No wonder the rest of the country thinks we're a bunch of nuts.
This is one of the reasons why California politicians do so terribly on the national scene (Kamala Harris).

Old 03-03-2020, 02:47 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,993,670 times
Quote:
Introduced by Assemblyman Evan Low (D)-San Jose.
Ah yes, another political darling of the Bay Area far left. Since he's Asian-American, does anyone remember Leland Yee? One of the many crimes committed by that staunch supporter of strict gun control laws was brokering a sale between the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and a stateside undercover FBI agent. The items being sold included fully automatic military rifles and shoulder-launched missiles.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:30 PM

19,229 posts, read 16,753,611 times
Quote:
This is one of the reasons why California politicians do so terribly on the national scene (Kamala Harris).
In part, I agree. I don't think the rest of the country is ready for the type of politics we have here. As someone who has always leaned more conservative than liberal, even I'm shocked at some of the dumb that comes from the legislature. There's so much inconsistency, I can't help think they don't give much time to their thought process when introducing these Bills. I'll give you an example ....

Helmets. While it isn't a law in all cities that an adult bicyclist must wear a helmet, it is mandatory for those under 17 years of age. Yet, these motorized scooters - that can reach speeds up to 25mph - do not require a helmet be worn. Some cities do require adults (over 17) to wear helmets while riding a bicycle, even though the state doesn't.

A recent report shows that scooter accidents are resulting in more head trauma but still they don't require the rider to wear a helmet. WTH?

Like I said, some of these laws make absolutely no sense or are filled with contradictions to laws similar. They just don't think! And whatever happened to citizens who use common sense instead of relying on the government to dictate personal responsibility for their own lives? I don't know. It's just nuts now.

End of rant

Old 03-03-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
In part, I agree. I don't think the rest of the country is ready for the type of politics we have here.
Kamala Harris rarely polled above 1%.

Even non-California Dems couldn't stomach her let alone moderates, independents, or out of state conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: