Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 521 times

Advertisements

I’ve been researching Idaho and looking for a good place to raise my family.. we are from New York and are constitutionalist conservatives and New York does not like our kind anymore and my family and I are not looking to go anywhere and change anything, we just want to live in a free state and raise our children. We are tired of the New York rat race and tired of the bs politics in New York and Idaho seems like a good fit for us.. we’re looking for a few acres of property to be able to spread our wings and more or less be left alone and not have our rights infringed

Old 07-20-2020, 12:19 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,051,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmIII View Post
I’ve been researching Idaho and looking for a good place to raise my family.. we are from New York and are constitutionalist conservatives and New York does not like our kind anymore and my family and I are not looking to go anywhere and change anything, we just want to live in a free state and raise our children. We are tired of the New York rat race and tired of the bs politics in New York and Idaho seems like a good fit for us.. we’re looking for a few acres of property to be able to spread our wings and more or less be left alone and not have our rights infringed
For Pete's sake...then go post that in the Idaho forum! This whole thread should be moved there.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:56 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,812,753 times
Somebody I am acquainted with in my neighborhood, recently moved to Idaho. She owned 2 properties in San Francisco, including the one her and her husband lived in. Both properties were put on the market and one sold already. She told me she was at the point in her life where she wanted to live in a less crowded & less stressful area. The reason she picked Idaho, was likely the fact her elderly mother lives there..... I think in or around a town/city called Meridian

Old 07-20-2020, 01:28 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
For Pete's sake...then go post that in the Idaho forum! This whole thread should be moved there.
People on the CA forum want to know about states like Idaho.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:07 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
A family near us moved to Idaho a year ago and moved back a few months later. My son’s old boss did the same thing about 5 years ago. Now granted, we are not talking LA to Idaho, but eastern CA. Here COL is same and local culture is similar. So why leave friends and family based on other people’s Opinions?

Old 07-20-2020, 04:01 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,051,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
People on the CA forum want to know about states like Idaho.
Then they can go to the Idaho Forum. A few extra clicks won't kill them.

Why are so many people are allowed to say and do things in the California forum that they aren't in others?

Old 07-20-2020, 06:55 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:

Why are so many people are allowed to say and do things in the California forum that they aren't in others?
Likely because some have friends or family who moved to other States and the OP would like to know why, where and if they stayed or not.

Would I move to Idaho? Nope, too cold in Winter.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:32 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,719,139 times
Like most of California, most of Idaho is still considered desert, and the southern part of Idaho has some of the most hideous terrain I have ever seen, similar to the Antelope Valley of northern Los Angeles County. It is no wonder why American settlers skipped right over Idaho as they progressed westward. If I were to move out of California, I would think long and hard about moving to Arkansas, Kentucky or Tennessee; those states are much more beautiful than Idaho will ever be.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:04 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Like most of California, most of Idaho is still considered desert, and the southern part of Idaho has some of the most hideous terrain I have ever seen, similar to the Antelope Valley of northern Los Angeles County. It is no wonder why American settlers skipped right over Idaho as they progressed westward. If I were to move out of California, I would think long and hard about moving to Arkansas, Kentucky or Tennessee; those states are much more beautiful than Idaho will ever be.
Some people prefer the drier climate and more outdoor oriented environment, along with the proximity to friends/family back in CA. I'd say that if I were to move and wanted the high desert or mountain climate, I'd prefer Bend, Oregon or Boulder, Colorado to Idaho. But, its mainly because both those places are a bit more progressive and more scenic (IMO).

If I were to move to the part of the country you are suggesting, I'd probably consider Atlanta or Nashville or if I wanted a small town, possibly Asheville, NC.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:34 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Quote:

ITA Plus I have no interest in moving to Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California