Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 07:42 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSF View Post
That's a personal preference, not a choice derived from deductive reasoning. These are people with budgets, I presume, and they have to consider a myriad of factors in making these decisions. I get that the majority of owners, especially those who can pay in cash, are going to want to own under virtually all reasonable circumstances. But this isn't about what you specifically would do but what the OP should do. I understand that you are just giving your opinion of what you would do but if your circumstances are markedly different, then the opinion is not only unhelpful, but even perhaps detrimental.

It doesn't seem that clear to me that the OP knows exactly where they want to live. It's problem rushing in to buy if that is the case, even by your own opinion.
I do not disagree. They must decide where they want to live and even rent for while to get the decision made. However buying at that point if they can afford it makes sense. Yes their budget is important.

Note I pay cash now because I bought in the past and made money and now, aside from business income, etc., can buy with cash due to those sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 08:27 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Rent for a year for all the reasons stated. SoCal real estate is a cyclical market. A year from now you may pick up a house at a 25% + discount.

Meantime, your house in Colorado will continue to appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California