Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,137 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure why people are hostile to the idea that someone has ruled out California as a place to live. I'm a native CA girl, and I understand its not for everyone, nor should it be. I love California and I don't see myself leaving. But who knows what the future holds or how my situation will change? OP, I wish you and your family the best in finding what works for you.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:41 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo-November View Post
I'm not sure why people are hostile to the idea that someone has ruled out California as a place to live. I'm a native CA girl, and I understand its not for everyone, nor should it be. I love California and I don't see myself leaving. But who knows what the future holds or how my situation will change? OP, I wish you and your family the best in finding what works for you.
30 years in California didn't work for them. 11 years in Colorado is not working for them. I don't think anyone cares where he lives, it's just the sour grapes bashing of California Hispanics, calling it Northern Mexico and berating California liberal politics that fueled the backlash.
I wouldn't live in California either, 10 years was enough. But politics and ethnic makeup wouldn't be why.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:49 PM

130,455 posts, read 12,124,678 times
Quote:
I presume you are new here, with only 2 posts, maybe after you have read the same drivel a 100 times, you might understand it.

People can live where they want, I am not going to bash other states, because I do not intend to move there.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:50 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,748,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
So you say.
Is it really that hard to believe? There are plenty of companies moving out, so why is it hard to believe that they'd not move IN?

Old 10-07-2020, 12:55 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,288,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I presume you are new here, with only 2 posts, maybe after you have read the same drivel a 100 times, you might understand it.

People can live where they want, I am not going to bash other states, because I do not intend to move there.
We have a troll alert

Old 10-07-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Is it really that hard to believe? There are plenty of companies moving out, so why is it hard to believe that they'd not move IN?
I find it hard, to belive, that a successful businessman would find time to post his opinions on a state he has no interest in living in. So I do not belive he is a businessman/woman.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:02 PM

301 posts, read 183,267 times
Quote:
Thanks! People love to be offended I guess.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:05 PM

I am not offended, except for the racist parts. I also do not belive you are a successful businessperson.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:32 PM
FSF

261 posts, read 312,280 times
This has got to be the stupidest thread. There's nothing about what you said that wasn't true a few months, or years, ago and with your obvious complete bias against the move, why would you have ever considered the move in the first place with your xenophobic attitude?

I'm sure you don't mind at all living off the large crumbs that the tech industry in CA makes possible for hanger ons like you and your "business", regardless of where you live. You're either a troll or just a poor pauper wishing you could afford Bakersfield, let alone Palos Verdes.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:33 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
The wife and I had been planning on moving our family and software development company to California early next year. We had been focusing on the Palos Verdes area, although we also were considering Calabasas. Over the past few months we have gone back and forth about the move, but we finally decided to avoid California due to several factors.

I won't bore you with the details, as I am sure you have heard it 1000 times before. I think the real issue is that a born and raised American finds it too financially difficult to move to the state, while someone born in Mexico, El Salvador or Honduras can walk right in without worrying about a thing. Free healthcare, housing assistance, etc. while a job generating business and tax paying family is unwilling to pay for the free stuff for non Americans.

Ultimately we just were not comfortable having a target on our backs, with a government so anti-American. The good news is you don't have to see another car on the freeway. The bad news is you have one less contributor to offset your tax burden. Taxation without representation does not work for us.

I am not sure if we are going to stay in Colorado or go somewhere else. But Northern Mexico is officially off the list.
Yes. Those nasty brown creatures live worry-free lives! Especially compared to white Americans with software development companies ... now THAT is a struggle!

Ahahahahaha ...

Well, anyway, somebody is NOT moving to California. Great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California