Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 11:52 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,527,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Not any more, but thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 05:15 PM

CVS just started giving out vaccines. I asked them if they had Johnson and Johnson and they said no.

On the websites of RiteAid and CVS, it's hard to see which vaccines they have. You have to check many pages. They just have Pfizer or Moderna.

Old 03-13-2021, 05:35 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
CVS just started giving out vaccines. I asked them if they had Johnson and Johnson and they said no.

On the websites of RiteAid and CVS, it's hard to see which vaccines they have. You have to check many pages. They just have Pfizer or Moderna.
I'm having the exact same experience you are Robert. I called my local CVS and they were giving Moderna, but they said they might have the J & J in a couple of weeks.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:56 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
There are several groups of frontline or high risk people that are being taken care of as we all know.
Part of this group is their support system also like cohabitants.

I know several people that are sort of connected but are low in priority and were able to get vaccinated.

They are not trying to scam anyone but got on a “stand by” list because of a lack of people that showed up and the vaccines needed to be used.

My family and I have already had the virus so I am not tripping on getting my vaccine anytime soon.

I brought up this vaccine option because not everyone is in my position.
It is still very scary out there for a lot of people.
If we can somehow help those people it is going to good for all of us.

Once again I can physically wait this out.
Mentally and financially I’m not liking it but it’s doable.

Seeing less scared people out there would make it easier.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:36 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
California vaccine eligibility explodes Monday (3/15/21), but people have no way to sign up:

https://abc7news.com/march-15-covid-...-the/10411493/

Old 03-14-2021, 12:09 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
California vaccine eligibility explodes Monday (3/15/21), but people have no way to sign up:

https://abc7news.com/march-15-covid-...-the/10411493/

Eliminating all the eligibility requirements nationally on May 1st will only make it worse in high population states. The short time between overlapping tiers has already made people's second shot appointments iffy. Unless there's some major uptick in supply, making it first come first served so quickly will be a huge mistake.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:18 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Eliminating all the eligibility requirements nationally on May 1st will only make it worse in high population states.
True. We need more people like this kid, who's volunteering to help people locate appointments.

People all over Southern California are volunteering to find appointments for others — reaching out to older or unwell or technologically challenged neighbors, putting up fliers offering their aid, posting their willingness to help strangers on Facebook and Nextdoor.

Gabe Silk, 18, of Palos Verdes Estates is closing out his senior year at Palos Verdes High School. But in between classes and after school each day and into the night and on weekends, he surfs the web looking for available appointments — a service he first performed for grandparents in Florida he hasn’t been able to see for more than a year.

He recently found an appointment for a caterer eager to work events again. He’s found them for neighbors — including Lynn McLeod, who wrote to tell me about his work and about the effort Silk’s mother, Meredith, has put in to spread the word to those who might need the help. Since vaccines first became available, Silk has booked a couple of hundred appointments, he said, about half of them for people he knows, the rest through word of mouth.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-appointments

Old 03-25-2021, 06:18 PM

They just announced that starting April 1, all people 50 and over can get it.

Starting April 15, all people 16 and over can get it.

I was hoping to get the Johnson and Johnson but it's hard to tell if certain places have it or not.

If you get a two-shot vaccine and you get the first shot, do they automatically schedule the second shot for you?

Old 03-25-2021, 06:50 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:

I was hoping to get the Johnson and Johnson but it's hard to tell if certain places have it or not.

If you get a two-shot vaccine and you get the first shot, do they automatically schedule the second shot for you?
Yes.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:45 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
Quote:

Robert, I know you were wanting to get the J & J vaccine.....so check this out:
I was able to get an appointment for the J & J vaccine at the Albertsons in Bakersfield on March 31. They had openings available for several days before this date, but I had other medical appointments before that. Lots of time slots too. Albertsons will accept you even if you're in a different county if you are within a 50 mile radius from them. I am in Tulare County and the Albertsons is in Kern County.

Here's the service dashboard to see if you can get in somewhere. It's not only for Albertsons but also for Vons and SaveOn and some others.
Service Dashboard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California