Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 10:19 PM

130 posts, read 160,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Hmm, I'd rather live in the Sacramento suburbs (places like Davis or Folsom) vs the IE. Not speaking for the rest of the valley, but I think most people in the Bay Area would consider Sacramento vs anything else in that area.
Riverside is 15 minutes from Disneyland and 30 minutes from the ocean / Huntington beach. I love Sacramento as it is also a really nice city but Riverside is closer to the coast which is why its more expensive than Sacramento. The ocean does bring higher premiums. Plus anything close to the Bay Area/SF would be a lot farther to get a good price compared to Riverside being only 40 mins from LA/OC beaches. Plus palm springs/ Coachella is in their county and Temecula Wineries. Something I am jealous of and investing for Fresno County to improve on.

In my honest opinion Riverside is a steal as even when I lived in Palo Alto (now living in Riverstone, Fresno County) I had friends who lived in Fremont and for them the closest beach was Santa Cruz over an hour. I would say don't underestimate California LA is quickly catching up and will with their Silicon Beach be just as expensive as SF region. SF making Sacramento more expensive and LA making riverside more expensive. Fresno being the last somewhat affordable place for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 10:24 PM

130 posts, read 160,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogoowoo View Post
Oh I agree. I would never ever consider living anywhere in SoCal or even south of fresno for that matter and commute to Bay Area. Sacramento does seem like decent value (much better weather and entertainment than the rest of the valley)I would love to know ops reasoning, and why they don’t try and find work in SoCal if that’s their heart’s desire.
Good point I would advise just working in Silicon Beach if your in Riverside there is no need to commute to silicon valley and just take the plane for things like Tech Crunch. If you hold a home in California right now consider yourself lucky. All in all, SF, Sacramento, Fresno, LA, OC, SD, and Riverside will all be in my opinion just insane in higher prices in the near future. HODL! Don't sell! rent if you want to move haha is my opinion (not investment advice). High speed rail and all these cities having international airports and the olympics are aligning the cards in the home owners favors. #HODL

Old 05-25-2021, 11:25 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,503,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchingsinc View Post
Riverside is 15 minutes from Disneyland and 30 minutes from the ocean / Huntington beach.
Is this new math? Riverside to Disneyland is >30 minutes without traffic.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:41 AM

83 posts, read 95,474 times
Quote:
Good point I would advise just working in Silicon Beach if your in Riverside there is no need to commute to silicon valley and just take the plane for things like Tech Crunch. If you hold a home in California right now consider yourself lucky. All in all, SF, Sacramento, Fresno, LA, OC, SD, and Riverside will all be in my opinion just insane in higher prices in the near future. HODL! Don't sell! rent if you want to move haha is my opinion (not investment advice). High speed rail and all these cities having international airports and the olympics are aligning the cards in the home owners favors. #HODL
Riverside is close to those things but it is indeed 1 hour to the beaches and 45 to Disneyland. Still, for a weekly trip to the beach it’s entirely manageable. Compare that with 2.5 to pismo from fresno and 2.5 from sac to Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Riverside is 15 minutes from Disneyland and 30 minutes from the ocean / Huntington beach. I love Sacramento as it is also a really nice city but Riverside is closer to the coast which is why its more expensive than Sacramento. The ocean does bring higher premiums. Plus anything close to the Bay Area/SF would be a lot farther to get a good price compared to Riverside being only 40 mins from LA/OC beaches. Plus palm springs/ Coachella is in their county and Temecula Wineries. Something I am jealous of and investing for Fresno County to improve on.

In my honest opinion Riverside is a steal as even when I lived in Palo Alto (now living in Riverstone, Fresno County) I had friends who lived in Fremont and for them the closest beach was Santa Cruz over an hour. I would say don't underestimate California LA is quickly catching up and will with their Silicon Beach be just as expensive as SF region. SF making Sacramento more expensive and LA making riverside more expensive. Fresno being the last somewhat affordable place for now.
Yeah riverside has gotten really expensive. Fresno has increased dramatically but it was so much lower to begin with it still has a few years of affordability yet. Despite its lower home prices fresno ranks really high in in affordability as the wages are very low there. So despite it being affordability for people with upward mobility, it’s becoming a crippling issue for locals (as evidenced by the wildly increasing visible homeless population)

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California