Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:48 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times

Advertisements

anyone feel like speaking positively about nipomo becoming a city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM

464 posts, read 832,510 times
Default Did Nipomo incorporate????

I see it is a very old thread but came up while checking out Nipomo.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:10 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
No, and there is no effort to do so. First thing you would have to do is to define what Nipomo is, or isn't.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 PM

Default Hi .highnlite

Thanks for input. I see your location is in SLO and SB. We're looking for a home in Cali. What do like and dislike in your hometown area?

Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 PM

weeel, first, Cali is a town in Colombia..

The area has perhaps the finest weather in the country, seldom cold, seldom hot, by continental standards. Gardening is very easy.

There are fine restaurants, Nipomo has the world's best restaurant. Fresh fish from the ocean, fresh vegies from the farms.

I am not particularly fond of large masses of people, I prefer central Nevada to the central coast on that parameter. I would prefer more public land, although we don't do badly here compared to the east half of the US.

People are open and friendly, lots of volunteerism in just about ever category, lots of stuff to get involved with.

My major dislike would be the number of people. There are 16,000 people in our town, up from 6,000 back when I was a kid, I don't consider that growth a plus. That said, anywhere 10 miles east of hiway 101 is nearly empty country.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
weeel, first, Cali is a town in Colombia..
Alright...you got me on that one but in my defense I have a native Cali...fornian sitting next to me saying "we all know it as Cali"...

10,000 more is alot of growth for a city. Out of curiosity, is it the number of houses upon houses that ruins the view, the type of people that have come to make it home or the bad elements that sometimes accompanies such growth that is discouraging for you?

Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 AM

282 posts, read 618,402 times
These guys are stoked about the town incorporating
SoUTHSIDE VARRIo NIPAS X3 GANG - YouTube

Old 09-23-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
Alright...you got me on that one but in my defense I have a native Cali...fornian sitting next to me saying "we all know it as Cali"...

10,000 more is alot of growth for a city. Out of curiosity, is it the number of houses upon houses that ruins the view, the type of people that have come to make it home or the bad elements that sometimes accompanies such growth that is discouraging for you?
I have only heard the term Cali on this forum, and generally people from back east... so.

The people that have moved in are fine. there is a subset of wealthy Angelenos, but no one interacts with them... they sit in their huge houses.. Mostly I like things the way they were, no fences, few houses. As a kid we could ride our horses, motos, bicycles all over the countryside. That has changed. Most people will see this area as a lightly populated rural area. I may be in the minority. San Luis Obispo County had about 80,000 people in 1970, and today has over 300,000. There are really no bad elements. The gangs are just posers and don't cause anyone any trouble. The worst thing they do is wander around the streets without their shirts on showing people their tats.

And that really doesn't happen much in SLO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaHead View Post
These guys are stoked about the town incorporating
SoUTHSIDE VARRIo NIPAS X3 GANG - YouTube

That was funny, I think they did that in a high school art class. The Nipas and the other gangs don't have much to do. There isn't much crime. I think you find them walking around between Starbucks, Safeway and the park, looking bad. The gangs in this area are to gangs as Emily Dickinson is to Gangsta rap.

Now, Santa Maria is different, those gangs spend their time shooting and knifing each other. Role models for American Youth, they is not.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 AM

282 posts, read 618,402 times
I know, pretty funny, I kinda like the songs
I found a bunch of their stuff by accident looking into the area. I was just trying to give "the city" someone to talk to about the issues at hand, these guys seemed interested enough in Nipomo. Now if you vatos excuse me I gotta unload some clips on some ******* and blaze some yesca.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Default Yeah, my former LA native, now OC, Cali better half...

...affirms to me that you are wrong on that Cali thing and probably do not know that 'SoCal' exists in native Cali language also and he does not hail from the east ...I'm just sayin'. We all live differently and I don't really need posers or otherwise as my neighbors. I suspect we may not make good neighbors, gentlemen, as we would be the ones at the top of the hill that you would be scowling at as we pass by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California