Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:49 PM

142 posts, read 524,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
This year the SMUHS approved stationing 10 Santa Maria Police officers at locations around the school at quitting time to control the students as they left.
After reading your last post, I contacted a board member of with the SMJUHSD, he confirmed to me that what you posted was absolulety false about the police officers. The board member even went as far as to say that you didn't know what you're talking about. I just wonder why you go out of your way to type such falsehoods?

In this year’s 2005/2006 report on API growth rate, the State of California showed that Santa Maria High School had a projected growth rate of 10. Righetti High School had a projected growth rate of 5. Pioneer Valley had a projected growth rate of 7.

PVHS did not met their goal, they actually fell with a score a negative 6. RHS reached their goal with a growth rate score of 12. Santa Maria High School on the other hand met their growth rate goal with a mind boggling score of 32!!!! There are many good things going on at SMHS, it's just too bad there are people who are ignorant to that fact, and seem to make it their agenda to put down SMHS.

Last edited by SoCalif; 06-26-2007 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-26-2007, 04:31 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
It was in the Santa Maria Times, check the archives.

Stating that police officers are stationed around the school is not "putting down" the School. It is stating a fact.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
It was in the Santa Maria Times, check the archives.

Stating that police officers are stationed around the school is not "putting down" the School. It is stating a fact.
The board member I talked to said the only time there would be that amount of officers at any of the schools in our district, is what would happen at any school in this country, "when there has been an incident that has happened, or is expected to happen. As a matter or routine, however, that number of officers are not deployed to the school." And there has not been an incident at SMHS in years.

You maybe talking about PVHS, they have the highest police call outs in the district. I am on campus at SMHS almost everyday, and I have never seen any officers patrolling around our school.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,018 times
all those areas are ghetto country beach boonies

Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
ghetto country beach boonies
This statement is incomprehensible.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mico5369 View Post
all those areas are ghetto country beach boonies
Glad you think that way Mico, I just wish everyone did. Maybe then our population will stop climbing, and we can enjoy our beaches, and nearly year round 70 degree temperatures to ourselves.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
This year the SMUHS approved stationing 10 Santa Maria Police officers at locations around the school at quitting time to control the students as they left.
Per a correspondence I had with the SMJUHSD trustee, they do not even have the authority to deploy 10 officers around any of the high schools in our district near quitting time, that is strictly the decision of the police chief, and only if an incident has happened or is expected to happen.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Look, my rep is 274, yours is 14, I did not lie, I did not make it up. Instead of whining, research the Santa Maria Times Archives and know for your self.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Look, my rep is 274, yours is 14, I did not lie, I did not make it up. Instead of whining, research the Santa Maria Times Archives and know for your self.
Whining....hum, just correcting you buddy. I am not going to get into a war of words with you, I have too much class for that. Just let me tell you this, I myself have been interviewed many times by the SM Times, and never once has any of the stories been 100% accurate. But I'll keep looking for this so called story you say exist. I'll even call the education reporter myself to see if she knows about such story. My guess is this story if it exist, is so old it's no longer relevent.

Let me add this, you are getting your information from the SM Times off the Internet from Truckee, Calif. I'm getting my information from personal experience of being on campus almost every day (including Summer), dealing with kids, walking the Admin. Building, attending meetings, and conversing with Board Members of the Santa Maria Joint Union High School Dictrict, including the District Superintendent.

We'll just let the readers decide who they think has the most accurate information. How's that?? My work is done here.

Have a great day!!!

Last edited by SoCalif; 06-28-2007 at 09:47 AM..

Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 AM

I think you are perseverating

Since the information was in the paper, There was smoke, you claim no smoke and no fire, of course, you are defending the school. this does not make you a neutral observer, but

just for kicks, let me tell you a bit about my connection with Santa Maria High. I beat Eric Sanford in the two mile on the Santa Maria High track, set a school record that stood for 10 years, and met Jesse Owen's brother there also, he worked as a trainer for Hancock College

When you leave school today drive down East Morrison one block, cross McClelland Street and on the right is 200 East Morrison, my Grandfather built that house in 1924, my father grew up in it, one block from the High School. Paul Nelson was his swim coach.

Then continue to Speed St, turn right go to Camino Collegio, turn left, drive past 314 Camino Collegio, that is where I lived as a young kid, one and one half blocks from the high school, my mother would walk us down Camino Collegio to Miller St, turn left walk up a ways so we could watch the aircraft land at Hancock Field. On Broadway just south of where the campus abuts Broadway is a Spanish style home, the doctor who lived there delivered all of us kids.

Just to the north is the Santa Maria Inn, Frank McCoy opened it, one of Grandfather's business partners.
Just west of that was the County Hospital, long gone, and of course just to the west of the high school the fairgrounds, at the west side of that was a hole in the fence which the local kids used to attend the fair for free, and to the south beyond Stowell Road was nothing, until you came to the country club.

Now, your remark about my getting the news off SMTimes online was a tad snarky.

I am able to afford to live in this paradise called Truckee Tahoe because of my business interests in.................... the Santa Maria Valley it behooves me to keep current on what is going on in Fresno on the Pacific.

ah dun got my Santa Maria Bonafides

Last edited by greatbasinguide; 06-28-2007 at 11:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California