Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 07:45 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I make this thread in the political subforum already.

You guys need to send all the antifa/BLM protesters up there and get up all in the faces of the criminals

Or at least send in the Nat Guard if there is not enough sheriffs deputies and CHIPs.
Its California. Criminals and illegals are welcome. They won't do a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2022, 09:12 AM

327 posts, read 221,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Its California. Criminals and illegals are welcome. They won't do a thing.
Especially non-white criminals and illegal aliens.

Old 12-11-2022, 11:43 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
Is this grow area mainly centered around the emerald triangle? Redding is on my list to move to in the near future to explore and hike all over up north. What areas should one avoid up north?
Redding .

Possibly more panhandling tweakers per capita than any other place I've been.

Old 12-11-2022, 12:07 PM

11,428 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Just to add,

As a Californian that has strong European ties this Russian thing doesn’t fit or make sense to me.
I’m not saying a person or persons from Russia couldn’t do this or that they are all angels but culturally speaking this is not in their wheelhouse.
My guess would be would be homegrown idiots or idiots from south of the border.
Back around 2000, I had a friend who lived beside a bad neighborhood in Citrus Heights of Sacramento. He said, the word on the street was that the Russian Mafia was very active there and pretty much controlled the street crime there. Drugs, prostitution, theft, con artists.

Russian Mafia Invades California

California is particularly vulnerable to Russian organized crime because only New York state has a larger population of immigrants from the former Soviet Union. These new crime groups have been identified in major California cities, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, and San Diego. They maintain ties to criminal organizations back in Russia and are forging working agreements with other Latin American and Asian syndicates.

The California Attorney General's Office report notes that during the 1970s and 1980s, under the guise of the Russian-Jewish refugee program, "the KGB emptied their prisons of hard-core criminals, much like Cuban dictator Fidel Castro did during the Mariel boatlift of 1980." The 1989 Lautenberg Amendment expanded refugee admissions from the Soviet Union to up to 50,000 per year. This was followed, in 1991, by provisions for legal immigration from the now independent states of the former USSR.

https://www.thesocialcontract.com/ar...icle_580.shtml

Old 12-11-2022, 12:17 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,232,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
In Siskiyou County, CA there are nearly 7,000 illegal grow operations run by Hmong, Chinese, Russian, and Mexican drug cartels. There aren't enough police officers or sheriffs to even make a small dent in their operations -- the cartels have effectively taken over and can operate with impunity in most of the county.

These illegal cartel grow ops are cheating California out of the tax revenue that is suppose to be derived from legal, approved grow operations which are now dwindling due to competition from cartel weed. Marijuana legalization has basically failed in California, and illegal weed is now dominant.

Even worse, the cartels are now beginning to engage in election fraud, illegally registering swarms of people to vote in local elections for policies or candidates that will favor their presence and illegal activities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUrfwJqpnpI
Wonder how much bribe money they're paying to the establishment.

Old 12-11-2022, 02:21 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,453,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Back around 2000, I had a friend who lived beside a bad neighborhood in Citrus Heights of Sacramento. He said, the word on the street was that the Russian Mafia was very active there and pretty much controlled the street crime there. Drugs, prostitution, theft, con artists.

California is particularly vulnerable to Russian organized crime because only New York state has a larger population of immigrants from the former Soviet Union. These new crime groups have been identified in major California cities, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, and San Diego. They maintain ties to criminal organizations back in Russia and are forging working agreements with other Latin American and Asian syndicates.

The California Attorney General's Office report notes that during the 1970s and 1980s, under the guise of the Russian-Jewish refugee program, "the KGB emptied their prisons of hard-core criminals, much like Cuban dictator Fidel Castro did during the Mariel boatlift of 1980." The 1989 Lautenberg Amendment expanded refugee admissions from the Soviet Union to up to 50,000 per year. This was followed, in 1991, by provisions for legal immigration from the now independent states of the former USSR.

Citrus Heights still has a large Russian population, as well as Rio Linda/Elverta and the Fulton/Marconi area in Arden/Arcade. Although we've now been getting a huge influx of Ukrainians and I'm not sure if they're going to settle in certain areas or be spread out throughout the city.

There was a guy I knew that ran a coin shop back in the 90s and he said groups of Russians would come in with suitcases of cash to buy gold coins/bars in slightly-under $10,000 sales. Eventually they opened up their own coin store.

Old 12-11-2022, 03:29 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,813,197 times
I am hoping someone will post here who is actually living Siskiyou Co and get their take on what the situation is there......what they have seen or heard. Going by what I saw in the video, the situation is obviously beyond the capacity of local law enforcement to deal with it or even put much of a dent in it. Marijuana is still illegal under Federal Law. I believe they (Feds) have taken the stance to look the other way as long as marijuana is legal in a particular state and mj laws in a particular state are being followed by the users & sellers.......clearly that is not the case with these 'grows". Then there is the issue of environmental damage that these grows may be (or likely are) causing......related criminal activity

Old 12-11-2022, 04:49 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

This confirms my first comment on this thread, just below the OP, that if Russians are involved in the Siskiyou grows, it's probably Russian mafia in the US legally (meaning: as immigrants). The KGB emptying their prisons would explain the random incidents of homicide and sexual assault against California residents (and elsewhere) over the years (ex.: Bill Cosby's son shot and killed when he stopped to change a tire on an LA freeway). Also, the manner in which the US embassy and consulate in Russia handed out immigration visas like candy to all and sundry in the 90's inevitably included some bad apples. US authorities have been naive and careless in this regard.

Meanwhile, they've denied refugee visas to bona fide refugees fleeing genocide and drug violence run amok in countries to the south.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-11-2022 at 04:58 PM..

Old 12-11-2022, 05:33 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Redding .

Possibly more panhandling tweakers per capita than any other place I've been.
That's saying something with as bad as it is in San Fran, LA and now SD.

Old 12-12-2022, 09:34 AM

12,822 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Isn't diversity wonderful?!
Yea white people don't grow weed at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California