Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 33,041 times

Advertisements

Hello
Currently we live in the central valley and can't wait to bust out.We are transplants from the Bay and want to continue up the mountain. We have so many choices of where to relocate... Can you help us?
So, we have looked and love Folsom area, but pricey, Tehachapi is nice near Nevada, our family and kinda cheap. But I want more mountain aroma, Good schools and activities for my two young kids. Folsom seems to have all that we want, but Can you suggest somewhere else? That has good schools, some shopping, safe and has to have PG&E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 11:43 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,317,496 times
Keep heading up the hill from Stockton, Calaveras County is still close to the bay area and has everything you need. Less expensive than Folsom and certainly less crowded.

Calaveras County California Gold Country, Wine Country, Big Trees, Sierra skiing, Yosemite vacations

Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 PM

29 posts, read 167,248 times
Default Three Rivers is an idea

Here's one-
Three Rivers, California has great schools.
It is at the base of Sequoia National Park.
It has a high standard of living and banana belt climate.
Recreational activities are everywhere. Hiking, biking, laking, canoeing, skiing and more.

People are friendly and hard-working.
There is a mix of people including organic farmers who sell produce at the Santa Monica Farmer Market, movie stars (I know two and there are probably more) artists, business people, National Park people that work in the Sequoia Park, and people who are from everywhere. There is a small town newspaper.

Oh-how to get there? Go to Visalia and hang a left up the hill about 25 miles.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:52 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,075,361 times
You want a town to have PG&E for job reasons with the company?

I think that eliminates Three Rivers, they are SCE. Isn't Tehachapi also SCE?

Looking at the PG&E service map
http://www.energy.ca.gov/maps/UTILITY_SERVICE_AREAS.PDF (broken link)
there are a lot of towns from Sequoia NP north along the Sierras. Maybe someone can come up with ideas.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:47 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymomof2 View Post
Can you suggest somewhere else?
Where are you going to work?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:42 PM

29 posts, read 167,248 times
Default Three rivers

If you are inclined to having your own businesss, Three Rivers has one or two of everything- a couple dentists, docs, about 20 landscapers, a river rafting company, a chocolatier (killer hand made chocolates-people drive all the way from LA for this) and so on. If you just want PGE for electicity, the other guy is right, they have Southern California Edison. But as far as that goes (power needs) there are people on and off the grid, people with geothermal, and so forth. It is such a fun place. I went today and there are tons of people visiting from Europe. Be sure to stop at the Gateway Restaurant there ON THE RIVER right before the entrance to the Sequoia National Park. The view, the food, the nice people......If you can't tell-this is like my favorite place compared even to Santa Barbara, Ojai, San Diego, Catalina, I mean this just beats the heck out of everywhere else for me. Okay, I'll shut up.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,720,515 times
I like what I've read about Three Rivers' weather. I 've lived my whole life on the coast in SLO County, so I've never lived in reality when it comes to weather. I've been through there a couple times on my way to the park. Nice place, nice weather, next to Sequioa NP. I think I'll look into that place.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:19 PM

111 posts, read 463,206 times
If you liked the Folsom area, how about Newcastle, the areas off 193 are nice or between Auburn Folsom Road & Newcastle, for more forest Colfax, Grass Valley, Chicago Park. Peardale/Chicago Park is one of my favorite areas, not too far from I-80 (about 5-7miles), Rollins Lake is nearby and easy drive to Grass Valley/Nevada City.
Also Meadow Vista is popular with families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California